cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Fail Safe Manager

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed Oracle Fail Safe as explain in the SAP Installation Guide (ECC 6.0, Windows 2003 + Oracle 10g). After that in Start -- > Programs -- >Oracle I can't find the option "Oracle File Safe Manager". Which is the executable of this option ?

Thank's in advanced

Francesc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can i only use the Failover cluster manager of windows without oracle fail safe to create the HA enviroment. and use them to manage the service of HA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you might not selected Oracle Fail Safe Manager (Client Component) during the installation.

You can install it separately if you already install server components.

Following is the recommend order of installation on a two node cluster,

1. Install MSCS on node1

2. Install MSCS on node1

3. Install Oracle Fail Safe on node1 ==> select Server components (Oracle Services for MSCS) + Client component(Oracle Fail Safe manager) as part of the installation

4. Install Oracle Fail Safe on node2 ==> select Server components (Oracle Services for MSCS) + Client component(Oracle Fail Safe manager) as part of the installation

After the installation is completed, start Oracle Fail Safe Manager from the Microsoft Windows taskbar by selecting Programs (or All Programs) from the Windows Start menu, then Oracle - ORACLE_HOME, then Oracle Fail Safe Manager. (ORACLE_HOME is the name of the Oracle home where you installed Oracle Fail Safe.)

Regards,

Abhishek Thota

Edited by: Abhishek Thota on Jan 25, 2008 3:48 PM

0 Kudos

The solution is :

1) Install Oracle File Safe from AMD64 with Typical Option

2) Install Oracle File Safe from I386 with Client option.

Thank's

Frnacesc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Latest Oracle FailSafe patch includes version of FailSafe Manager (Client) for AMD64 platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesc,

From my experience with oracel failsafe, it works with and is integrated with MSCS (microsoft cluster services).

Both these services need to be installed and active on the primary and failover nodes. There is a menu to drive these services, the way to test it is to take down the MSCS service on the primary node and monitor the DB instance failover on the failover node.

Cheers,

Nisch