cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we do the pricing for BOM’s at component level by marking the parent material as not relevant for pricing…we have a requirement where in we have to apply a particular condition type only if the item is sold by itself & not when it is a part of the BOM . so let s assume the condition type is ZA00 then it should be applied only if component A is sold by itself. It should not be applied when say A is sold inside a BOM.

As of now since we do pricing at component level for BOM’s it picks up. My initial thought was to create a requirement which basically checks for the Higher level item fiels”UEPOS” & if it is blank( Product by itself) the only pass/trigger this condition type

Is there any other way not to apply this condition when it is a part of BOM..Suggestions would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

there are many ways, and if your company or client is amenable you can differentiate price by using different document types.

one document type can be assigned pricing procedure ZVAA01 with condition type ZA00, and can be used to price the material as a component of a BOM.

another type can be assigned ZVAA02 with condition type ZB00 to be used for the material as stand alone.

the disadvantage of this is that there is nothing to stop someone from entering the BOM with component in the document type with procedure ZVAA02.

i hope this still helped.

regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You BOM component should have a different item category then it does when sold on it's own.

So you need to create an access sequence for Higher Level Item, lower level item.

Now you can create a condition record for the material when sold on it's own, and a separate price record when it is part of the higher level.

You can do it with a special requirement, but there is no need as this (above) is the standard way to go

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all...Thanks everybody for the answers...

I am going with the route of creating 2 access sequences

AS 1 BOM

AS 2 Material & put the exclusive indicator. Then i will assign a requirement in AS2 to only apply when the item is not a part of the BOM ( UEPOS = Blank)

Wanted to publish this so you all may understand the solution i am trying to implement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to make that particular Item as a seperate material and apply a different pricing procedure if this item has to be sold seperately.

regards

VK