cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of the MDM Data Enrichment Adpater??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can anybody help me on the performance of MDM Data enrichment Adapter?

Also please share your experience on the MDM data Enrichment Adapter ?

We are planning to implement the MDM data enrichment adapter.

Best Regards

Devaraj PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devraj,

Pls go through these links:

1. SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management - Enrichment Adapter (NW-MDM-EA)

[original link is broken]

2. Setup and Use of the MDM Enrichment Controller

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9018dc62-23a8-2910-b7ae-9023670c...

3. Developing the Enrichment Adapter EJB

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/44/ab772c65d37455e10000000a11466f/content.htm

-Performance is good as we can add some data in our repository at run time thats the key point.

-Require some good programing skills in java.

Rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devaraj,

Enrichment architecture is designed for real time usage.

Following are tips that will help to improve performance of the enrichment process (for MDM SP5 Patch 2).

To improve performance of syndication step at the Enrichment Process:

Decrease MDSS delay settings: "Auto Syndication Task Delay (seconds)" parameter in MDSS.INI.

Make sure no un-used repositories are loaded, every loaded repository contributes delay time to the syndication cycle.

To decrease process initiation time:

Set the EC property (at Visual Admin configuration adapter) "UpdateEnrichmentStatusesTable" to be false.

This setting will decrease the initial Enrichment Process step time dramatically, since EC will not update the Enrichment Status field of each record at the beginning of the process, or during it.

Major performance improvements are planned to be released at future versions of the Enrichment Controller.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh...

Reward with points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The previous post is copied from the thread:

Saurabh, its more respectable when you mention the post and not just copy it's content to a new post

Anyway, I have a lot of experience with building MDM EA, and would be very happy to share it.

Any specific question ?

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orit,

Thanks for your response..

In our project, we are maintaining Vendor Repository.We get the Vendor records through XI from R/3 and importing the Excel files.

We should add/update the DUNS number to each Vendor record.

My questions are

1.How to acheieve the above scenario?

2.If i use any external application,will it be automated?(Whenever i get the Vendor record,automatically excute the enrichment)

3.Performance level

4.How much time it would take to complete this scenario?

5.What are the prerequistes?

pls Brief!!!

Best Regards

Devaraj PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devaraj

1. In breif, an MDM workflow may be triggered upon record import\create event. That workflow will introduce DnB MDM Enrichment Adapter, and apply for DUNS number throw it.

2. Yes, that process can be fully automated, you just have to decide what is the triggering event.

3. Performance, see above the tips. Also, can you assume what is the nuber of records passed together at one time to DnB service ?

4. Do you mean implementation time ? If yes, than the DnB MDM Enrichment Adapter is ready for use, and also running at production site (British Petrollium). All you have to do is the MDM Enrichment process configuration, no need for coding. It will take short time for an experianced consultant.

5. Pre-requisites: NW 2004\s, MDM SP05 or higher, Internet connection avaliable from NW WAS to DnB WS UDDI, Valid DnB Customer Account.

Hope this will help !

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devaraj ,

Another point to think about when considering prerequisite:

Poor quality of name or address of the vendor in the repository would result poor response from DnB service. So prior to calling DnB to obtain DUNS number, you should use all available means to ensure most accurate name and address.

Edna