cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting original files from KPRO server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing DMS with KPRO content server. We are not live in PRD yet but are in QA. We are refreshing our R/3 QA environment with a copy of PRD next week. This will delete all DMS configuration and the R/3 metadata (DIRs) in QA so there will be no links to the original source files on our QA KPRO server. This is OK, but I would like to know the best way to then delete these original files from KPRO. I would like to end up with an empty QA KPRO along with our refreshed QA environment.

I'm interested in commands from the basis side (if they exist) vs. trying to do this from the application side. I know I can delete originals manually from within DMS as long as the document status allows it, but this is inefficient and we have lots of locked status docs... We are running R/3 4.7 E if that matters.

best regards,

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa,

There are several programs available that you need. You can find all the programs in SE80 package CV.

First I would set the deletion indicator on all the DIRs in QA, (you should be able to do this via mass maint with the CAD Desktop tCode CDESK). Then run program DMS_KPRO_DELETE by doc type and delete all DIRs. This should clean out the content server. You can validate that the content server and R/3 are both cleaned out using program DMS_KPRO_CHECK1 . There are also programs there to help migrate documents from one content server to another or to a cache server. Get a basis or ABAP consultant to help if need be.

Hope thats some help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hugh,

Would this also apply if I want to purge Contenet Server from files? For example, if I delet DIR with MCDOKDEL, is the original file still on Contenet server or do I need to delete it separately from Contenet Server? If so how?

Thanks,

Mladen

anantharaman_r
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mladen,

This would also delete the content form the CS as well as delete the entries from the Kpro tables.

Regards,

Ananth.