cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I strongly suggest that the site make a decent attempt at supporting Firefox? Half the time, pages don't load properly or I get empty page content.

Message was edited by: Craig Knelsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me if SDN is only supported on the Windoze platform? I was not even able to get to the home page with FF 1.0.7 on a Mac.

Also, if a moderator is going to move a topic to another forum, fine but I think the topic creator should get an email when this occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you not informed by email when someone posts to your topic?

FF is supported, SAP started supported FF in limited ways awhile back in regards to programming and SDN has had no problem with people using FF for a long time now.

Again if you are having a specific problem I would ask that you email sdn@sap.com as that is our support team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

I have been using FF for accessing SDN, and I am able to get a excellent response on FF rather than IE. What takes minutes in IE takes seconds in FF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using FF 1.0.6 at the moment.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try 1.0.7 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been unable to access the forums today at all with Firefox even with 1.0.7. When I click the forums link, all I get is the top and left nav bars. The content area on the right is always blank. This is being posted with ie.

Have the SDN developers ever tried running the HTML code through an HTML validator? I get dozens of errors for the forums home page.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I'm using Firefox 1.0.7 and have installed <a href="http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/">HTML VALIDATOR</a> which returns me only Warnings no Errors when I'm browsing the forums. Could it be that some content is blocked (JavaScript,...) by a firewall in your configuration?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was using the HTML validator available through htmlhelp.com which I guess classifies a lot more as errors than warnings as compared to the html validator you provided in the link. I installed that validator into ff and the SDN home page gives me 110 warnings. When I click the Forums link, I still get a blank content area as before and the ff validator tells me there are 66 warnings. I looked at the page source and it appears that nothing is being blocked by our firewall. I will access the site from a different computer and network to see what results I get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried last night to access the SDN from another computer and network but it failed. The server complained that my client certificate wasn't valid. It didn't even ask me for a login id.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FF 1.0.4 on my laptop works fine most of the time. The icons sometimes get messed up but clearing the cache and refreshing the page takes care of that.

<i>When I click the Forums link, I still get a blank content area.....</i>

I am getting a similar issue with IE 6.0 SP1 at work since yesterday. The forum list displays fine. When I scroll down and click on a forum, the topic list page does not display from the top of the page. What seems to be happening is that the page size and scroll bar position from the forum list is retained for the topic list. So depending where the forum I selected is on the forum list, I might see the topics from halfway down. For instance, If I selected ABAP forum, I will see the topics display from about one fourth of the way down from the top. If I click on SDN suggestions which is way down below on the topics page, a blank screen come up. Scrolling up on this page will eventually display the topics. This seems to be happening for every page transition. This had me going nuts until I realized what the problem was.

Hope this issue can be easily fixed.

Thanks,

Ramki Maley.

Message was edited by: Ramki Maley

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think at the moment there is quite a lot of unexpected behaviour, as there is some work done on the back end. SDN has been down a couple of times as well these days, which suggests there are still a few changes being made, tested, improved, ...

In my opinion we should be patient and give it a few more days to be able to talk about browser issues again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max is correct there have been some unexpected behaviour as a result to some backend changes and they are being worked on.

As for using FF / IE you should be able to view SDN in either FF 1.03+ or IE without little to no difference other than a few rendering items which are different in most websites when using one browser or the other.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

which Version of Firefox do you use? My only problem is that when I start browsing in the forums some pictures does not load. Also when I enter my Control Pannel in the Forums and switch to my Watchlist it could happen that Firefox freezes till the complete list (more than 400 Entries) is loaded. The Weblogs working fine. Another problem is the SDN TV which only runs inside your Browser if IE is used.

Regards

Gregor

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use FF (1.07 for the moment) 95% of the time without any major problem, except from the by Gregor mentioned img problem, which I already mentioned to the SDN admins.

Eddy

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SN Team,

is supporting SDN TV using Firefox on the ToDo list?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hoping for a revamp but until more community members actually start to "create" video content I'm on a uphill battle