cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrive data in MDM Data Manager based on non Qualified field condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to retrive data in MDM Data Manager based on non Qualified field condition ?

My Problem is :

i have one main table and one qualified table.qualified table contains fields like :

plant as qualified field

status as non qualified field

i want to retrive data in main table using free form search based on particular plant and particular Status.

e.g Plant = "STDO" and Status = "PEN".

is it possible ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kitti,

In free form search single parameter is searched at a time but as per your requirement like you want to search for records based on a qualifier field and non Qualifier field this can be done.

Try dis out

As you can see you will be able to search for Qualified fields but the non Qualified tables cannot be seen in free form search.

If your qualified table name is say Price and you are having fields like Purchasing Org as non qualifier and amount as Qualifier.

Then you can do it either ways like first go to free from search and enter what ever value u want to search in Qualifier field Amount.

Then u need to click on the text box given for Qualified table sap Price and search for the values in non qualifier fields.

Now you will be having result of only those records which satisfy both the conditions Qualified field as well as non qualified field.

Because when u search in Qualified table search text box it ultimately searches in non qualifier fields.

Dis solves ur problem

Regards Tejas..........

Edited by: Tejas Bane on Jan 25, 2008 9:05 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kitti,

Pls check whether, Plant should qualify on base of Status or the vice versa.

In your example it seems like one Pen can heve multiple plants, so plant have to qualify at run-time can say.

If this is the case, as tejas mentioned earlier when you will enter the qualifier value(as possible) in Free-form search. you will automatically get the values of Non-Qualifiers in record.

But in Drill-Down search you can search on basis of non-qualifiers. Go to your look-qualified table in drill-down search and refine your search accordind to your criteria.

Rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is doable. In the free form search fields, specify the condition for both the Qualifier and Non-qualifier fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

But in main table free form search ....non qualified fields are not avilable..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kitti,

Try this .... try to keep your non-qualifier field as look up in a flat table, you will be able to see it in the search Parameter.

A qualified table with no lookups cannot support either multi-level search-within-a-search nor single-level drilldown search

Try it and let me know

Reward points if found helpful.............

Prasad...................