Did you mean: 

Installation VMWare Linux Netweaver Image Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done the following points:

-> download the: SAP NetWeaver7.0-Java-VMware-Trial

-> download the: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10

-> download the: VMWare Player 2.0.2 for Windows

Now i've started the VMWare Player, open the "SAP NetWeaver7.0-Java-VMware-TrialCTB.vmx" File

then VMWare asked me for the SP...Test_Drive.vmdk, i've choosed the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.vmdk" File and then the Suse Linux Enterprise Server started and i could log in. But how do i start the Netweaver at this plattform? VMWare shows (in the top left) that i'am using the SAP Netweaver Image, but i find no instance on the Suse System.

i've tried p.e. : http://localhost:50100

What is the failure? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

"Now i've started the VMWare Player, open the "SAP NetWeaver7.0-Java-VMware-TrialCTB.vmx" File

then VMWare asked me for the SP...Test_Drive.vmdk, i've choosed the "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.vmdk" File and then the Suse Linux Enterprise Server started and i could log in. "

you wrote you could login into the system. But I' m not able to login I do not know the logon data. What did you use? Username and password?

Kai

Edited by: Kai Rüttger on Mar 14, 2008 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For root and n4sadm I used 'sap123'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same thing happen. I fixed it by removing all of the extracted files and re-extracting just the OpenSUSE rar file and then just the first rar file for the Java stack (I already have the VMWare workstation software installed). It appears that the remaining java rar install files are extracted when just the first one is selected for extraction (at least that is what I have found).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO US

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using VMWare Server Console 1.04 to open the VM via "SAP NetWeaver7.0-Java-VMware-TrialCTB.vmx", I can get to the portal login page at http://ivml2005:50000/irj/portal.