cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP via xMII using JCO as System user

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can successfully connect to SAP using JCO as a Dialog User however now I am attempting to connect as a System User and I am getting JCO Session Creation Error: Name or password is incorrect. Are there restrictions on using System User or should it connect just like a Dialog User.

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

John,

The restriction is probably in your System User and not being able to connect via the JCo interface.

Although it could be a typo in the password which caused your account to lock. May want to look into this a bit further.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I don't know anything about SAP user accounts. Are there any settings in particular I should tell the SAP administrators that the System User account requires to enable xMII to connect?

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos

John,

Unfortunately the user, group, profile configurations are unique to each company...with that said if you have an IDES configuration implemented you can assign the following profiles to you user and you will get remote access:

R3_BASIC

R3_CUST

This will not give you access like belonging to the SAP_ALL but should at least get you started. On your development system; I do recommend having SAP_ALL priviledges just to eliminate any security restrictions causing development delays.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try the following:

In SAP use transaction code se37 and execute BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL for the dialog as well as the system user . This'll help you in comparing the profiles/activity groups etc. for the 2 users and will help you in determining what the system user is lacking.

And like Sam said , make sure the profile SAP_ALL is included for your system user.

I have a system user and it is associated with two profiles - SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW. Something you can tell your BASIS people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've sent this info to the SAP administrators and am now connecting successfully with a System account.

Thanks.

Answers (0)