Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Address in IM

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the Identity Store be used to maintain Email Addresses ? we don't maintain contractors' info on our HCM & would like to see, if we can use the Identity Store to meet our needs.

I would appreciate any inputs/suggestions.

~Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I did not answere you regarding Contractors....who are critical . I implemented a SAP solution in a organisation with the same senario and what I did was Identities that were comming from HR system and were permanent Employees added an extra Attribute Example : USERTYPE = "Perm_Emp" in the IDstore and Created a Workflow interface for Contractors which where manualy entered by Helpdesk or System admins Attribute : USERTYPE = "Contractor" . This way I could keep a track of Permanant staff and contractors in the Idstore. This was an advantage to further stages of the project as It helped us in mainting good Access managment.

Instead of the workflow you can also use different passes to extract contractors from their source and do the same thing for Contractors.

Dev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Yes SAP IDM is very capiable to do this. There are number of ways you can do this.

The ways I think is the best ways is as follows:

Create a LDAP from Pass that will extract all the users from the LDAP directory into a temp table

Extract identities from HR system into a temp table and compair them with the LDAP directory users

Put them into IDStore with the Email address attribute toIDstore pass while the pass is doing the processing create a VB,Java script which manaupulates the First Name, Last Name and the Middle name as per the Business Rule.

This way IDStore gets what you want. Then the data in the Idstore can be used to MAP the attributes in LDAP TO pass and Exchange Pass.

The extracting of users from the LDAP directory and HR is ONE off. On run time there will be only one From pass and ToIDstore pass from the Authorititive source.

The script will compare the Email address formulated from the existing Email addresses in the IDstore.

I hope this helps.

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Not quite sure of what is the functionality you're looking for. The IDM can store any attributes you want for the identity, including email. There are passes to Echange and several other mail servers that can manipulate email accounts.

Or are you referring to writing data back to the SAP HCM from the IDM? That functionality is still unsupported by SAP and can only be implemented now by writing a custom pass.

Regards,

Eric Labiner

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric,

Thanks for the response.. here is a follow-up question..

Can the IM create email addresses based on policy and parameters defined and handle duplicate processing? For example if there are two persons with the name John M Doe in the company, could IM automatically detect this and create the second John M Doe's email address using John Mi Doe (ie try to add the second letter from Middle Name into the creation of the email address to provide a unique id). How would IM handle the user having the ability to control what they want their email address to be? For example, if an employees name is Robert B Doe, but he goes by Bob Doe, could the employee have the ability to put in Bob and have SAP concatenate the override to the first name and create the new email address accordingly?

~Suresh