cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JMS adapter configuration for IBM MQSeries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i am doing a IBM MQSeries 5.2.x Message ->sender JMS adapter -> XI server -> receiver RFC adapter -> R/3.

i have deployed the JMS adapter with the required jar files of IBM MQSeries 5.2.x in XI server.

in Sender JMS adapter configuration for IBM MQSeries 5.2.x, i have put following data:

1. Transport Protocol: Websphere MQ - is it okay?

in JMS provider settings:

2. in channel name - what should be there?

3. Transport Network protocol should be TCP/IP or WebsphereMQ - how to decide this thing.

4. JMS Complaint - whether WebsphereMQ or JMS API.

in JMS Settings:

5. JMS Queue user - is this IBM MQSeries 5.2.x Queue User or someother user?

6. JMS Message Selector - what data to take here.

So if anybody has connected IBM MQSeries 5.2.x to XI via JMS adapter, please answer my above queries.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the queue is configured on IBM MQ server you should be provided the following parameters:

IP Address

Server Port

Queue Manager Name

Channel Name

JMS Queue

For Transport Protocol pick up: WebSphereMQ (non-JMS)

Transport/Network Protocol: TCP/IP

JMS-Complient choose WebSphereMQ (non-JMS)

JMS Message Selector - leave empty

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Sender JMS adapter plesae refer below link for screen shots with details,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a05b2347-01e7-2910-ceac-c45577e5...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarup,

the document you have specified above is a general document................i want specific sender JMS configuration data for connecting IBM MQSeries to XI.

Dear All,

Can anybody please answer my above queries in sender JMS configuration.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have the screenshots for JMS adapter for IBM MQSeries to XI.

But I was not able to attach it in post.

Either you tell me how to do that or any alternative way for it to share it with you.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

you can send me those documents at my gmail-id : rajeevgupta.vns@gmail.com

Hi All,

one more question - to connect XI server to IBM MQSeries via JMS adapter in ID, do we need to have a MQSeries Client installed on XI server - or - just by configuring JMS adapter, we can send messages from IBM MQSeries to XI server without any MQSeries client on XI server?

Why Channel name is required in JMS configuration data?

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

1. No MQ series client is required to be installed on XI server. MQ series client is used to put or get data from MQ Series queue of server.

2. in MQ , we create channel and under channel we create different queues. So to inform JMS adapter about exact location of the input/output data , channel name is specified. It is property of MQ Series.

Ranjeet Singh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

In MQSeries, are channels also used for communication between different queue managers(which are handling different queues of MQSeries)?

Are you sure that in XI server, we do not need to install MQSeries client to communicate XI to IBM MQSeries Server via JMS adapter?

Hi Swaroop,

Can you please send me the documents you have regarding JMS adapter configuration to my above specified gmail-id.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any replies on my above post.

I have one more query: the client who is managing the MQSeries server is saying that he is using channel to communicate between different queue managers. So he is asking whether he needs to create a new channel for communication to XI server. So does the client needs to create a new channel for communicating a already existing queue in MQSeries Server for the JMS adapter in XI?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As conveyed by your client a communication channel ( Sender , receiver , server ) is required to communicate between queue managers only.

There is no need to create a change to communicate with XI server.

Regards

Sandeep