cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoration of original WBS code

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user had project wbs for example A.001.01 , which is manually changed by him later due to negligence to A.501.55. Now user want to restore back orginal code A.001.01. because now cj20n shows wbs code as A.501.55 .

Please provide some solution

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is stopping you to change the number in CJ20N back to what you wanted?

Does system issue any warning/error message or is the field greyed out?

I see no problem changing the WBS number as long as the number is not duplicated. Let us wait and see other's views on this.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

It was a good gesture explaining the procedure. Thanks a lot. With regard to existing projects, unless versions are deleted as explained in the earlier posting, situation will continue.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer was usefull.

After applying note Note 529634 - Behavior of status-dependent versions . The system let me restore original wbs for new project.

The message was WBS element FREI_version already exist.

In Customizing, in path -> Project System -> Project Versions -> Create Profile for Project Versions (Transaction OPTS), you can edit the version profiles.

Here, select on the right side of the screen the corresponding version profile and double-click with the mouse on the system status in the menu left under version profile.

Now, you can select a system status using the mouse and remove it with pushbutton 'Delete' in the menu bar. (here, FREI_VERSION should be to preset for system status I0002 REL)

Now the correction is completed! If you set the status in the project, the system does no longer write any version.

Now it is allowing to restore original wbs for new project/ Wbs created after this setting.

But same problem exist for old wbs.Error message is Wbs element FREI_VERSION already exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need this tcode RBONRRP1 to clean the inconsistency data after you delete the version.

Choose V1 to V4 ( you could test run first) to check the inconsistency data in your system.

Best Regards,

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though Martina has clarified the issue well, I would like to add a few things.

As Martina has rightly said, system does not permit creation of a WBS with the same name when a ststus-dependent version exists with the same name. However, if these kind of scenarion is regular in business, SAP has suggested a way out vide Note:616732 which provides a report :ZVERSION_UPDATE which will delete the entries in the version, thereby enabling creation of a new WBS with the old name. But it is very cumbersome and may not be worth the effort, resources and time.

Further, note:529634 suggests methods to eliminate automatic creation of status -dependent versions. This will hep avoid recurrence of this problem, if you are not very keen on version comparisons etc.

Hope this is useful.

regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanuj

I guess you are obtaining error CJ026.

When the original WBS was created/released, a version was automatically written.Therefore the error message CJ 026 is correct in this instance. You will find the corresponding entry in table VSPRPS_CN

To resolve it, you will have to delete this entry first and the system will then allow you use the same key when there is no other reference to it.

Please review OSS note 160884 which addresses this issue and provides a report which should delete the table entry if you are unable to do manually.

Hope I have not missunderstood the issue

Best regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this work also for Project Defintion key where key was changed and system will not allow to renter original value?

Proginal value was C-0015 and now is -0015. When we try to enter origianl value we get message CJ016

Project C-0015 version FREI_VERSION already exists.

Before I implement htis solution, I would like ot know it applies for PROJ-POSID field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basilio,

Yes, this will work as well for project definition. In this case the affected table is VSPROJ_CN.

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mention that the same approach will work for projects as described for WBS. Is there a SAP program to do the equivalent job for project version as ZVERSION_UPDATE does for the WBS version? This program only adjusts WBS not the project. To correct the project name back to its original value, we need to first remove or update the release version with this original name (or the rename is refused).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi James, did you find a correponding program for changing the Project Definition? thanks.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

locked. thread is dormant, please start a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

The problem is that he does not remember the old WBS code which he had given. Right?

If this is the case, he can go to CN60 and get the old value.

If in CN60, he is not getting the WBS values, please refer to a thread posted Mr.Nies on Jan 21 '08. The thread title is "How to find all changes in project builder (especially in user field)". Follow the steps given in that to solve it.

If my understanding is wrong, please explain in more detail.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi members,

May i know how can i vire progress of work centre in Project system, if i have created workcentre with code CR01 and CNR1.

Please revert back replies