Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPUJul2006 or CPUOCT2007?????

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm confused... I need to sort a problem related to note "Note 1005758 - ORA 3106 in Oracle 10.2.0.2"

Basically this note recommend CPUJul2006 but i can only find CPUOCT2007 at SAPMarketplace...

I'm using AIX 64bit...

Also is it better to use Opatch to apply it or can i do it from Oracle Universal Installer.

Thanks for the help

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the speed that patches are released and keeping in mind that the latest CPU includes the previous one, you should install the latest available one:

1107601 CPU Patches October 2007 (Oracle Critical Update Program)

Note the Risks mentioned in this note.

you cannot use OUI to install fixes (the CPUs are merge fixes) you must use OPatch

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the read me document posted above, abou the installation it mention

"3 .Enter the following commands to start Oracle Universal Installer, where patchset_directory is the directory where you unpacked the patch set software:

% cd patchset_directory/Disk1

% ./runInstaller"

After decompressing the CPU I cant find Disk1 or the runInstaller...;

Also if i have to use opatch... whats the process?

Thanks

Juan

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

As mentioned before, you cannot use OUI, you must use opatch.

If you have used opatch before, the procedure is the same.

If you have not use it then you have a lot of patches to install before worrying about CPU (see note 871096 for all patches that must be installed on 10.2.0.2)

On the following thread

you can find how to use opatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

read README.html which indiacte

use the OPatch utility release 10.2.0.2.2 or later. You can download it from OracleMetaLink with patch 4898608. NOTE: Download the 10.2.0.2 version, not the 10.2.0.1 or 10.2.0.3 version.

link : http://updates.oracle.com/ARULink/PatchDetails/process_form?patch_num=4898608

you need to register in https://metalink.oracle.com/

regards,

kaushal

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP does NOT recommend to download and apply patches directly from Metalink.

SAP note 839182 has information about Opatch for 10g.

the latest Opatch version released at SAP is 10.2.0.2.4

and I insist, do NOT download and install any software directly from Metalink unless you are directed to do so in an SAP Note or Message.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well.. after a Note to SAP...

Neither CPUJul2006 or CPUOCt2007... i have to install about 35 individual patches... and the problem is sorted.

Thanks for the help

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The patch set for AIX 5L 64 bit has been reissued, since there were problems with some installations. Ensure that the README file indicates a Version from August 2006.

CPUOCT2007 is latest one you can use that no issue

use following document to apply patch

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000677053&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

regards

kaushal