cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS 6.4 SneakPreview installation problem (steps)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apology guys , a bit naive question but have tried searching this forum.

I have downloaded and installed Central Instance. Do I have to install Database Instance too?

Because when I start app server (NSP) in SAP MMC, I can see Message Server is running but Dispatcher (disp+work.exe) is stopped.

Thanks in advance.

Bhup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhup,

yes you have to install the Database Instance. It is described in the Installation instructions which can be found in YourExtractFolder\SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewABAP\DOC\html\index.htm.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gregor.

It is strange coz normally Central Instance means everything. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Bhup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor and others,

Do I have to install this Database Instance from original windows user that I used for Central Instance or I have to use 'NSPADM' user?

Thanks.

Bhup

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhup,

do not only thank, award points also :-). That makes rearly happy.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor mate,

This site does not seem very friendly I am not able to locate the options (link) to award the point, pl help!

Also can you also answer my related question that to install Database Instance do I have to logon to windows as original user that installed Central Instance or I have to use 'NSPADM' user?

Thanks and regards,

Bhup

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhup,

logon as the user you have used to install the Central Instance.

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhup,

if you have unchecked "Mark this topic as a question." in your initial Post you can't award points for this Thread. But try to edit your initial Post and set this checkbox.

Regards

Gregor