cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on 5 nos. of projects at a time and for proper resource planning, i want to aggregate the resourses of all 5 projects. Is it possible in PS? Can anybody guide me on that.

Apart from this how to identify that a particular resource is assigned to a particular project and can not be taken for the other projects?

How resource planning is done in actual projects i.e. is it on skills and number basis or by actual names of the resources and how it works?

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raghunandan

yes it is possible in PS .

With respect to Project u can check the resources planned.

Resource Planning is achieved through Workcenter( where work is performed with an available capacity).Workcenter is created using tranasaction CNR1 /CNR2(change) - in this u can assign the resources and their availability / qualifications.

Based on the availability - persons/resources can be restricted - if u try to assign more than the availability - system will warn / will not allow to assign more which system will tell -resource is overloaded cannot assign more.

if the name of the resources is maintained in HR -master data then u can plan the real resource planning - if not assume only in number and cannot move further.

Workforce/Resource Planning is one of the Hot Topic is real Project Management.

revert if need more clarifications. meanwhile try to check with the links which earlier guy has posted.

ENJOY SAP PS.

Regards

Pavan

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project i need to do resource planning/ hour planning but i do not have HR module.

Please help me how do i do this in my project??

In PS, we are defining project with WBS only, no network and activities.

Thank you

pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

If you are not using activities, then how do you want to plan resources? For your scenario, the only alternative that i can think of is to maintain the person responsible in the WBS (which can be defined in IMG and does not require HR module). This will only let you assign a person to a WBS, but is not resource planning as the WBS does not contain work content.

If you can be a little more specific about your resource planning requirements maybe we can find an alternate.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I'll be able able you help you out in a single post but this is a small attempt.

1. Create Internal Network activities

2. Assign persons to these networks activities (Workforce Planning)

Many configuration settings need to be in place for this to happen.

1. Involving Activity Types (Internal Activity) :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a9/8a853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

2. Workforce Planning:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ed/b7853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards

Sreenivas