Did you mean: 

Investment management project settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the investment management project. I have proceed as under

1.Created investment programme with structure

2.Created Appropriation request i.e AR

3.Done cost planning and budgeting of programme (IM34,IM32 and IM52)

4.Approved the AR and converted in project

5.Executed the project

6.Confirmation and settlement of project.

Investment programme contains investment profile alongwith the other profiles and the investment profile is "Model with AuC, summary settlement".

After step no 4 above, i am further building the structure of the project in PS by adding the WBS elements for the ease of execution.

Now questions are

1.By following the above process, is it possible to have a default settlement rule created for the WBS element(created from IM) OR

2.Is it required to create the completed asset first (As the AUC is getting generated and the AUC number is visible when i follow the path EDIT-WBS element-Investment program-ASSET UNDER CONSTRUCTION in CJ20N)

When i follow the second method the settlement rule is getting created for WBS element with the fixed asset as receiver (Fixed asset which is created in at above step) But the AUC is getting created for all the WBS elements forming the project structure.

Logically only one AUC and Asset should be generated i.e. for the WBS element created for the AR i.e. Measure

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My reponses below:

By following the above process, is it possible to have a default settlement rule created for the WBS element:

The settlement rule will be automatically created and used when you run the 1st settlement process in CJ88 or CJ8G. AUC is created automatically on releasing the WBS which has got an Invetsment profile.

Is it required to create the completed asset first (As the AUC is getting generated and the AUC number is visible when i follow the path EDIT-WBS element-Investment program-ASSET UNDER CONSTRUCTION in CJ20N)

You don't create a completed asset until the final commissioning of the asset. When you feel the project is complete and you set the status to TECO on the WBS, you then create a completed asset. This will created a 2nd rule on the WBS saying that what ever has been there in AUC can be capitalised into this final asset (completed asset)

Below links will provide you with more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2a/f9f56e493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Sreenivas

Pls close the post if satisfied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreeniwas,

My original quetion remains unanswered.

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Don't maintain the Investment profile in the project profile, if you maintain investment profile, this will populate the investment profiles in all WBS elements, with this there will one AUC is created for each WBS element when you release WBS elemnets.

So instead of that, use substitution rule for particular project profile, substitute investment profile only to top WBS element. So there will be only AUC for entire project.

Hope this will answer your question.

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am not maintaining investment profile directly in project profile but i am creating the main WBS element form appropriation request in Investment Management i.e IM. An my project profile is assigned directly to the appropriation request in IM.

In such situation how to implement the boave solution.

I am adding the WBS element to the main WBS to form the project structure. And due to which the investment profile is also getting copied in other WBS element as they are in same project profile.

In such scenario hoow to get rid of the problem as i want only one AUC and then completed asset to be created for the entire project.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Raghunandan

"When i follow the second method the settlement rule is getting created for WBS element with the fixed asset as receiver (Fixed asset which is created in at above step) But the AUC is getting created for all the WBS elements forming the project structure.

Logically only one AUC and Asset should be generated i.e. for the WBS element created for the AR i.e. Measure"

When the project profile is set under Investment - FI will define the Investment into Asset Class and its number range.

Based on the Asset Class number range each Project will have each Asset Class number in which the corresponding WBS levels will sit.

Overall the project/WBS will have only one Asset Class number.

ENJOY SAP PS.

Regards

PP