cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Question: Possible to change master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a few macros that supposedly work to change the master data for infoobjects (MATLOC_SET()...etc.) however when lauching these in the planning book i can see no change in the infoobject master data.

The idea is to change an attribute of an infoobject to remove the item from the selection within the planning book (i.e. change the planning type from A to B). The client wants this done directly from the planning book via a macro. Is this possible with the macro above or do I need to use a Bapi?

Thanx!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check 9AExamples macro for ensuring that the macro is in line with the template ?

Although it is possible to set master data through PB, I would advise against it. It should be made part of a master data manager role and done seperately using direct updates to the master data through appropriate transactions ensuring there are accurate Change documents created.

Can you describe why this requirement ?

It should be technically possible to use user exit macros invoking BAPIs to do it, but this is unnecessary complication.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for all of your input regarding this issue, however I still am not sure if it is possible to change the selection criteria of a characteristic value combination using a macro in order to remove the specific product from the selection. I would like to do this by changing either navagational attributes (which I should be able to do via InfoObject Master Data or through the product location master data. Any specific help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSDMD is also a transaction for maintaining Info objects.

How can we make a material not eligible for say heuristics planning? Is there any flag which will determine a material inactive for SNP Plannign any more.

Mythilee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response!

The macro that I am using is directly from the 9Aexamples template. When executing the macro it asks for the field name and the value to be entered, trying various field names we have seen no change in the master data.

The reason for this is that we are working with a client that has thousands of products with various profiles. The client would like to have the capacity to execute a macro and remove the product out of the selection directly from the planning book. We thought this would be possible by changing the master data for the infoobject navagational attributes via a macro.

Any additional help would be appreciated! Thanx again!

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess I had misread your Q. The macro is meant for Location/Product Master data, and may be not for InfoObject Master data. I would rather use development options to have a front end on transaction RSDMD. the Ztransaction can be developed and given access to users.