Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change Image size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

I am working on SRM MDM Catalog I have raised catalog on SRM 5.0

every thing is working fine but I need to change the Image size while the image details are being shown.

I have checked in the Image variant table there are two fields in it Original and Thumbnail nothing can be done with them. I also tried to create a new field as Img_Detail with new properties to it as Width and height as per my requirements.

But it did not help can you please suggest how it can be done.

Please do not provide any reference guides links or any help portal links.

Only helpful answers will be rewarded

Thanx in Advance

Regards Tejas...........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejas,

As Srini stated you can resize with the Image Manager. As you found out the defaults created by MDM for Original and Thumbnail cannot be changed. You have apparently already created a new variant, but it does not automatically get populated. You must use the Image Manager to create the variants for the new definition you created in the Console. MDM will be able to handle the variant creation for basic image types (jpg), but if you have any eps images then you will need Photoshop for the variant creation.

Refer to the Image Manager reference guide if you need further details on how to use the Image Manager. It is a fairly basic process.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Resize the image in Data Manager

You can display an image in the image preview area of the Crop and Rotate tab in any of the following sizes:

· Actual Size. Displays the image at actual size.

· Fit to Window. Displays the entire image within the image preview area, preserving its aspect ratio. If you resize the Record Detail pane or the Client window, the image preview is resized accordingly.

· Fit Width to Window. Displays the image with maximum width within the image preview area, preserving its aspect ratio. If you resize the Record Detail pane, the image preview is resized accordingly.

· Zoom Ratio. Displays the image according to the specified zoom ratio, which can range from a 1:10 reduction to a 10:1 enlargement.

Procedure

To resize the image preview:

1. If necessary, select the Images table from the drop-down list of tables to make it the current table.

2. Click on the Crop and Rotate tab (if it is not already selected).

3. In the Records pane, select the image whose preview you want to resize.

4. Select the desired zoom from the Zoom drop-down list, or click any of the zoom toolbar buttons.

Also go through following link it may help u.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/96be9a047a25b3e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nisha, Tim and Srinivas for your answers but the problem still remains.

@ Tim & Srinivas : Image Manager is not provided with the SRM MDM Catalog Package.

@ Nisha : I have tried whatever you have specified, in the data manager images can be zoomed but still on the SRM side the problem exists.

Whatever image that I have cropped or Zoomed it is not getting reflected on the SRM side.

Please suggest

Regards Tejas..........

Edited by: Tejas Bane on Jan 25, 2008 8:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the image manager, you can resize the image, after resizing the image you raise catalog on SRM 5.0

hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas