cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Downpayment Customization I have done. I want to know while creating order how to capture downpayment? Can any one tell me process flow from order to delivery and billing each step which I suppose to fallow?

Regards,

Sudhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhi,

Here are steps to config down payment in sap

Maintain Item category---TAO

Billing type- FAZ

Maintain special GL indicator for account posting.

F-29 for downpayment posting.

F-38 for downpayment clearing

(a) Use billing plan, propose billing type FAZ on the downpayment plan line (Do note that your item category should have a setting I in the relevance for billing)

(b) For the line item requiring downpayment, prepare the invoice manually (FAZ)

(c) Process incoming payment using F-29, do not forget the indicator A when procesing downpayment

(d) Once the normal billing is done, another line item will be seen in the normal billing. Work on the condition tab for that line item and check condition type AZWR to indicate how much of the downpayment you wish to offset from the normal bill amount.

(e) Incoming payment processing for the normal billing should show the offset amount representing the deduction of the downpayment amount from the accounts receivable (F-28).

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for your reply. Configuration I have done already. I want Transaction level details like from order to billing step by step how to complete the transaction.

Regards,

Sudhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In down payment scenerio, client will request for downpayment to the customer.Billing doc type faz

As per agreement between client and customer customer will pay downpayment to start the work, say in your case manufacturing.

That means before start of the work client will receive money in advance, this amount will be adjusted either partly or fully, if manufacturing involves diff stages

If Manufacturing involves ex. moulding, assembling , testing etc

For each state client will have an agreement how much customer has to pay say

moulding --40%

assemling--20%

testing and settlement-20%

of total agreed cost of component

Based on agreement again we will adjust the down payment amount in each stage.Say you can adjust total downpayment 25% received in moulding stage it self or part., this can be done by going condition tab in billing

Regards

Srikanthraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But still not so clear, is it possible to explain step by step procedure from order to billing(including settlement).

I will offer reward point surely.

Regards,

Sudhi