cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display message with a notification icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How can I display a notification message, alert message and task message in message area.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

String messageText = "Sample Messager";

IWDMessage message = new WDMessage(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent() , "", WDMessageType.WARNING , messageText);

IWDAttributePointer attributePointer = wdContext.currentContextElement().getAttributePointer(<your context attribute);

msgMgr.reportContextAttributeMessage(attributePointer, message, new Object[] {});

OR

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportWarning("message")

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can display error, info, success and warning with WDMessageType.

How can I display notification, task and alert messages.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it's just how you name it.

You can use the reportSuccess, reportWarning and reportException methods from the messagemanager (can be accessed easily from WdComponentAPI).

They produce message with a green, orange or red icon. Message is displayed in the MessageArea by default.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was able to display success, error, info messages. Can you help me in displaying the above messages.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my post I mentioned how you can dynamically create user messages, without making use of the WDMessage type. The message itself is a String that you write in the sourcode.

Alternatively, you can create messages in the message pool. These messages can be of type error, standard or warning. These messages, you can print to View using the reportmessage() method in Messagemanager. I have no experience with message pools, however.

I don't know of any other way of handling messages the standard WD way.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roelof

Thanks for the reply. I could create and display messages dynamically. I could also use Message pool. But with all these I can display only error, success, info and warning messages.

I couldn't display the notification message or alert message.

Thanks