cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic doubts about SD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 yr exp in archiving as technical consultant.No idea of functional SAP.

Lately I am thinking of learning and switching to SD. I have gone through sdn forum and links which helped me to grasp the basic understanding of SD with the business flow.

Is it easy to learn SD at home with IDES? I would like to learn as quick as possible and get a job in that.I am not thinking of going for certification course.

With regard to job opportunities, how is the SD analyst market? What will be SD consultant role?

Inputs are aprreciated.

Thanks,

Geetha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Geetha,

You said you are a technical consultant, what are you (ABAP, Basis)?

As far as learning SD at home is concerned it is possible or not depending on who is teaching and who is learning.

Out of all the modules, I think SD has the max no. of Consultants so getting a job in SD is the hardest, this is my experience as an SD consultant. What I am told is its easy for MM / PP as there are not many good consultants available.

Check around with friends and aquaintances, you will get to know the true position.

All the best for your future.

Kindly remember to reward points to encourage ppl to answer you, and also kindly remember to mark the question as closed once you get your answer.

Best regards.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Venkat.

Could you explain me what kind of role an SD consultant on a daily basis do?

thanks,

Geetha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

I work as an SD Consultant and my job duties involve

Setting Pricing for different customers

Invoicing

Batch processing

Maintain billing due list

maintain customer master data

Create Sales order

Create Quotations

These are a part of the job duties an SD consultant would be involved in.

Reward if find it useful,

Regards

Rasiq Khan

Answers (0)