Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai friends

can any one help me out from the following task

my claint wants to have some 'x' as a free good when he raise the sales order with A and B products

if any one having sollution please give me indetail explaination

points will be awarded for the sollution

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitchel,

another idea is to make a SD BOM material which contains material A and B,

and after that give the X material as a free good for this SD BOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

create a sales BOM using CS01 transaction and you can add the Material X as a free good. Put an indicator for it. Or you can do it with condition technic.

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitchel,

This is not possible through standard SAP. You will have to use the user exit for this.

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can do this setting in a userexit tell the requiremnt to ur abaper he will help u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please find the standard documentation on free goods limitation.

Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item. Agreements in the following form are not supported: ‘With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of charge‘ or ‘If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of charge‘.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the links for clear undestanding of free goods and its configuration.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

many industry sectors it is common in the sales of certain goods for other goods to be supplied in addition for free, or, indeed, to supply the customer with a portion of the goods for free.

The following kinds of free goods exist:

Inclusive bonus quantity

The customer only pays for some of the goods requested. The rest of the goods are free of charge. The inclusive bonus quantity is also called inclusive free goods and means that a proportion of the order quantity is granted as free goods, i.e. is not paid for.

The materials delivered as free goods also match the ordered material in terms of the unit of measure.

Two out of ten bottles of sparkling wine are free goods. Therefore, if you order 10 bottles, 10 will be delivered and you will not be charged for 2 of them. So in this case, you have ordered an inclusive bonus quantity.

Exclusive bonus quantity

The customer pays for the goods ordered and is given extra goods free of charge. The exclusive bonus quantity is also called exclusive free goods and means that in addition to the purchase order, a certain quantity of materials are guaranteed as free goods. In other words, a larger quantity is delivered than is ordered, whereby no charge is made for the additional quantity delivered.

The materials delivered as free goods do not necessarily have to be the same as the materials orders.

If the customer buys 4 coffee machines, the vendor provides a packet of coffee as free goods. So if you order 4 coffee machines, a packet of coffee is delivered too, but you are not charged for it

Reward Points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sravan prakash

thanks for responding to my quaire

but i know the free goods inclusive and exclusive process but in my scenario the customer should get the free good of 'x' product when he raise the order for A and B products

that means the system should not give free good of 'x' product when the customer raises the sales order whith either of A or B product

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitchel,

As per my understanding, If ur req. is if the customer buys the product A & product B, he should get the product X as a free goods, right? If this is the scenario, The standard SAP will not support.

For further reference, see SAP library,

topic:

Limitations of free goods functionality.

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can create a BOM through CS01. its components could be A, B and free goods X.

the BOM material can have item category group LUMF. this then can effect pricing for A and B. if there is a price for X, you can manually change the item category in the sales order to TANN.

if you want the item category of X to be automatically determined as TANN in the BOM, define a new item category group, say ZORM. assign ZORM to X.

then, in item category assignment, make the following item category determination:

sales document type/item category group/usage/higher level item category/item category

OR/ZORM/blank/TAP/TANN.

when you create the sales order, the customer orders the BOM material. the BOM will be exploded into A, B and C. there will be prices for A and B (both with item category TAN). X will appear as free good (item category TANN).

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What will happen when returning the BOM with free goods?

I have made a similiar setup but the return got messed up...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its Not possible in SAP R/3 Standard. Its possible only in IS Retail.. through Bonus Buy.

Muthupandiyan