cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries In Smart Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am doing smartforms for the first time and have gone thru the SAP's document for smartforms but still

have few querries which are left unanswered.

Kindly help in clarifying those :

1. If we are retrieving data from driver program and data is in internal table, we will define it in Tables tab

of Form Interface with table type. But I have seen in Import parameters in demo example some import

parameters have structures as there types. Then how do we use those import parameters?

2. How to do total and sub totals for numeric fields? And also how to change amout in words?

3. What is the purpose of Command, Program Lines and Loop with Specific example, so I can understand

what to apply and when to apply out of these?

It would be great if I get fruitful answers of these queries with relevant example and business requirements?

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If we are retrieving data from driver program and data is in internal table, we will define it in Tables tab

of Form Interface with table type. But I have seen in Import parameters in demo example some import

parameters have structures as there types. Then how do we use those import parameters?

If You're importing a table to a smartform You have to get the data from it using a loop or a table structure(in a smartform) to read every line.

When You're importing structure in Import parameters (first tab) You can simply write the data from it in the text fields like: &IS_ADRC-NAME&

2. How to do total and sub totals for numeric fields? And also how to change amout in words?

I think You have to do that in a some custom abap code

3. What is the purpose of Command, Program Lines and Loop with Specific example, so I can understand

=> Program Lines - used to add some abap code in the smartform

=> Loop - used to read data from the tables

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradeep,

=> generally when u define in table tab u will retrive data using a loop. but if u define in import tab u can directly access that one.

for example: i want to print matnr from mara

in import tab write: abc type mara

in text write: &abc-matnr&

then the value u passed in driver program will b printed in place of matnr.

=> to get the totals

if u r printing data using table in smartform. then in for table, u will get its settings, in that select calculations tab. there u select total under operation, give the field name for which u want to have the total, give the target field name in which the total sum will b stored.

for eaxmple: im printing employee details

in the table i have 3 fields- empno, empname, empsal

i have defined a variable sum type i.

now i want to have sum of all employees salary.

now in table -> calculations tab -> give

operation = total

fieldname = empsal

target field = sum

now sum variable will have the total summed value.

3 What is the purpose of Command, Program Lines and Loop with Specific example, so I can understand

=> command:

it is to execute the commands like NEW-PAGE etc

program lines:

it is to write the code

here u have input parameter, output parameter n space to write the code

for example: i want to print the data in table MARA

in global definition -> global data tab

it_mara type MARA

in program lines: at input parameter give MARA

at output parameter give it_mara

in space below write: select * from MARA into it_mara.

endselect.

now u can get the data into it_mara. using table u can print them. like this u can write any code here.

or u have 2 variables with values v1,v2

u want to have the sum of them into v3

then: input parameter - v1

v2

output parameter - v3

code - v3 = v1 + v2

loop:

when u have data in a table, u dont want to print all the data. u just want to have the no.of entries in that or sum of one field in that table, then u can use this loop.

hope this helps you.