cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding font for my script

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i need to use Gill_sans font for my script, which unable to be found in SAP. can any one advice on details the process on how to add in a new font and to be able to be use by my script, and on printers?

thank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok good use the pfb format.

GOTO SE73->Then click on true type installation->For the Font name input specify a Zname (EX: ZGILLSAN)->For the input of the Font File Provide the path to your .pfb file and then execute it. The font will be uploaded in to your sap system.

Then go to SE73 again

SE73 - SAPscript Font Maintenance

Printer fonts - Change

Double click on the ZXXXX device type

Create

Font family (the name you created ex.Zgillsan)

Font size 030 (required)

Characters per inch 21.00

Print control 1 SFXXX (as per your requirement)

Print control 2 SFXXX (as per your rerquirement)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your functinal guys they will do that . As a techincal person we cant do that.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

our company just newly implement SAP. and non off any of the functional people know on this. so i will have to work for this. can any one advice how to do so? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Edited by: abhinay chelamcherla on Jan 24, 2008 7:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry using the method i told you earlier we can install new language chars not fonts. for using fonts goto

SE73->Click on true type font Installation->there you can specify the name and uplaod the font from alocal folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will also have to assign that font to your output device type in spad.I hope you know how to do that, if not please feel free to ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i tried SE73, but have no idea how to do all this. can any one provide a guide step by step from the top to the end of how this going to be done? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

First download the Gill_sans font to your local harddisk (it should have .ttf extension).

Have you done that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

for downloading the font go to this link and check your gill font

http://www.fontface.com/cgi-bin/fontsearch.pl?search=gill&header=name

and then download it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the font in PFB and AFM format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Let me know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i get an error message when i upload the font. it shows "this is no TrueType 1.0 file".

aside, when i upload, it will ask me "use Adobe Charact name for font? ", this is for what use?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben ,

That means you have to use only a .ttf file.Try it again with a .ttf file

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please provide a full guide directly? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ben,

Just download a file of the gill sans format , but that file must have .ttf extension.

ttf means true type file which is why the error was shown to you that file is not true type.

There are no other guides regarding this, as far as i know.

Try it the way i told you , it is very simple and easy.