cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Local DC with Visual Composer models to DTR ?

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some of our models already added to DTR, and some are yet as local DCs. Now we want to move all of them to DTR but facing the following problem

It happens that the name of one of the DCs already added to DTR is say "com_xyz_project" which has three models say model1, model2 and model3.

Now we are trying to add a local dc with name "com_xyz_project" to DTR to the same SC. This local dc has 2 models model4, model5.

We are not able to add that to DTR due to conflicting names.

Is there some way to achieve this ?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh-

After adding your DC to the DTR you should create further models directly in the Shared Repository. Here is something you could try:

1. export your model from the local repository.

2. create a model in your shared repository DC and then import model exported in (1).

Since the DC name is the same and the model names do not clash it could work. Let me know if it does

Cheers-

Atul

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

The approach you suggested did'nt work. Atleast not in SP3.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Once you have added your DC to the DTR, if you need to add additional models to the same DC, you should create them directly in the DTR.

There is no way to add single models from the local workspace to the DTR, you can only add an entire DC.

Since you already have a DC with the name you are trying to create in the DTR, a name conflict is created.

The only thing you can do is to rename your local DC and add it with all its content to DTR.

There is a workaround to try and move all the models to the same DC, but it might be alot of work (depending on how complicated your models are). The workaround is to create a copy of all the models you have in the DTR (using save as) in the local DC. After you have copied everything to the local workspace you can rename the local DC and add it to DTR.

The problem with this workaround is that the save as doesn't save the model dependencies (services and other dependent models), so you will have to recreate them.

Best Regards,

Lisi

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisi,

What are the steps to change the name of a local DC ?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Lisi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I'm sorry. I wad looking at a later version when I responded. The rename functionality is not available in sp3. I will check if you have any other alternatives and get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Lisi