cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iBase in Solution Manager - Horribly Inaccurate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use Solman for Service Desk. When openning a new service desk message you are prompted to choose a component. This list is derived from the ibase.

The iBase list on our Solman system is horribly outdated. It contains systems that we don't even have anymore, and it is missing 40+ new systems and clients.

How do we get the iBase list to be accuate?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

you can change the IBase in transaction IB52:

Select your currently installed IBase (usually only one) and press Enter.

Now browse through the tree, select the components that do not exist any more and use the "cut" button. Then save and go back and in again: The cut components are deleted now.

(In case this does not work, you need to apply some SAPNOTE, dont remember the number)

To add new components, go the above structure node, tab "Text" and enter new components, where column "Identification" contains <System ID><space><installation number>.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

FYI: We are on SPS13.

Here are things that I have tried based on reading other SDN postings, and after a customer message. None have worked.

1) Cut & Save: Cut does not delete. After cutting & saving, the components are right back in the ibase in the same place after displaying the ibase again. SAP themselves say that this does not delete, and I could not find any note saying so.

2) Marking a component for delete: Display the ibase, click on a node, install->functions->delete flag->set. This appears to prevent ANY changes from occuring to any node. It appears to be a "global" setting for the ibase, and not a setting at the node level. Furthermore, if we set this flag, save, then run SARA (following some instructions from a customer message on the matter): SARA does NOT pick anything up for archive. Going back to the iBASE shows everthing is still intact, but we cannot do a thing with it until we undo the delete flag setting. Other documentation suggests that if anything is assigned to the ibase component that it cannot be removed. So we checked that too using "vertrage zur komponente", and it says that its not tied to anything. I just love how some things in ib52 are not in english.

3) Collapse structure -> nope

4) DSWP/SOLUTION_MANANAGER with Edit->Initial Transfer to Ibase - no help

5) Furthermore, Help-> Applicatiomn Help only gets me to a screen containing no help content. Thanks alot SAP.

I've spent 20 hours on this subject and I am quite frustrated. SAP Customer Messages are of no help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

the SAP Note I refered to was 1049800.

Please see also thread:

This worked perfectly for me (I am also on SPS13).

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again for your help.

I read the note and it referred to an abap dump, and not using cut. But, perhaps I am just missing your point. Sorry about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for pointing out this thread:

I've tried to follow it, but got stuck at these steps within that thread:

1) "Have you tried to set deletion flag for the component ? This is done from menu Installation->Functions->Deletion flag->Set (after you click on the component )" - Result = the entire ibase was "locked" from any modifications after setting the deletion flag. The deletion flag seems "global" to the iBase and not specific to a component within it.

2) A dead end at this point in that thread:

Could you please describe how to work with the execution of function module IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE?

If I execute tcode SE37, choose IB_IBASE_DELETE_IBASE --> DISPLAY --> Function Module --> Test --> Test Function Module I should enter values for the fields:

I_IBIB_HANDLE and

I_IBASE

What should I enter?

=====================

Thanks again.

Peace,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The note referred to earlier in this posting really did help. Thank you!

I had to overcome a lot of things in IB52

1) I assumed that the iBase got updated from SMSY or DSWP Solutions, or SLD, be alas it actually appears to be all manual and there is no referential integrity to anything else - it doesn't get automatically updated, you update manually following the pattern

2) How to insert - you type in the text tab, there is no normal insert button like most other screens

3) How to delete - you CUT, there is no normal delete button like most other screens. Other SDN posting suggest setting the delete flag at the component level, and were not right at all for me. CUT did not even work for me until I applied the note referred to earlier.

4) No Application Help for the screen

5) Some menu options are in Gerrman

6) The first screen you get to in IB52 is actually a search screen - though there is no execute button and it doesn't behave like most other normal search screens. A nerby can be concerned that they are actually updating data in the screen because the text on the screen says "change" not "search".

I hope you can avoid the experience I had with iBase and IB52.