cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Ibase in Solman?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends!

I am trying to configure Ibase systems in solution manager for testing.

I want to create all my Systems(in landscape), so that the test team can assign the testers accordingly to the systems.

When I am trying to include the system in the Ibase, It is looking for Identification?

Any information on this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for sharing the information...

Edited by: James Best on Feb 11, 2008 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David and Prakash for the information.

I have done the Ibase setup and now I want to link the Business partners to the Ibase.

We have 12 systems(Ibase) in the landscape as of now, and around 50 users(Business partners).

What would be the easy way to link these BP's to each Ibase?

Please drop in with your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

In transaction Solution_Manager under 'Edit' just below the 'create ibase' heading, there is another program to create Business Partners - 'create business partner'. When you are in a particular solution, this is supossed to generate the BP's and add the respective keys for the IBase of the Solution.

Although it looks pretty cool, I have never been able to get it to work. With so few users, I would do it by hand. If you get really fancy, you can make a 'Z' table of the users that you need to generate and then make a BDC that reads the information and updates the table (this is the best solution for the long term I have found). Creating the BP's for end-users that will only enter service tickets is time-consuming because of the system keys you need to enter although it may be less effort doing this manually than trying to get a program to work.

Best of luck and hope that everything works out for you.

If this answers you question, please set the thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fr.

For Initially Creating and Assigning the Component Systems as iBase

Use

To be able to use the Service Desk and Change Request scenarios in SAP Solution Manager, you need to define the Installed Base (iBase). An iBase component has to be created for each satellite system from which Service Desk messages will be sent to the SAP Solution Manager system.

The iBase components for the iBase structure SOL_MAN_DATA_REP (installation 1) can be created and assigned either automatically or manually. Note that these components and the assignments can only be created once automatically for every solution. To refresh your existing iBase data execute IMG activity Manually Create and Assign the Satellite Systems as iBase Components(this is second step given under service desk-ibase path of spro).

Requirements

You have defined your system landscape in the Solution Manager System Landscapes(transaction SMSY).

Steps

1. In transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER, open a solution.

2. Choose Edit -> Initial Data Transfer for iBase.

The data is copied automatically. The iBase systems for the solution are automatically assigned to SOL_MAN_DATA_REP (installation "1"). An iBase component is created for each system installation number (which can be displayed by choosing System -> Status).

For each solution repeat these steps.

In Spro goto solution manager advance config service desk-ibase and read the IMG help provided you can very wel do thesame.

Please reward points for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

If you have a Landscape, it is much easier to do the creation of the IBase from there automatically. There are a number of primary and sub-objects for each client that need to be present to link the Landscape to objects to things like the Service Desk and it is recommended to use the automated tools in T-Code Solution Manager. Please reference the IMG Basic Settings->Standard Configuration->Solution Manager->IBase.

If this solution answers your question, please set this thread to answered.