Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted User ID Report

chris_hall2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm looking for a way to retrieve Deleted ID's, First and Last Name, and deleted Date based on an input of User Group and a Date Range.

I know I can use the Change Documents within SUIM but this I have to know the deleted id.

I have been trying to figure out where this information is stored and keep seeing structures.

Is this even possible?

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

See this thread and see if that helps at all.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. I did read that thread before posting my question.

RSUSR100 is not active in the dictionary is what I get when using SE16.

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

RSUSR100 is an SAP-delivered report that shows changes made to user masters. Try running/executing this report. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

There are also SAP-delivered reports to archive those documents... they are protected by object S_ARCHIVE.

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

I have been able to see ID's removed 14 months ago using SUIM or RSUSR100, IF I know the user id.

The issue I have with these is an auditor is requesting a list of deleted ID's for the last 6 months. Without a user name to enter I'm kinda stuck. If I was able to enter user group and return all ID's that have been deleted that would be great.

0 Kudos

If you moved all users into an 'OBSOLETE' user group before deleting them, and ensured that users can only be deleted from that user group, and there is a way to select all "Deleted user account change documents" from that user group using the SUIM report... then you could try that way?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This does not really help me for my current situation. Might be able to help in the future somehow.

0 Kudos

Two other options I can think of which might work as work-arounds:

1) Transaction USMM (the License Audit Workbench).

2) Run RSUSR100 for all users (*) and download it. Then download USR02 field BNAME for all current users. Put both lists into Excel and do a lookup of RSUSR100 users which are not in USR02-BNAME.

Cheers,

Julius

PS: I am surprised that RSUSR100 does not have an option to select change documents only for users who were deleted? After all, those are the ones who were deleted, including the date. Why does the auditor want the first name, last name?

PPS: There are a number of discussion threads here which have a general consensus that obsolete user ID's should not be deleted, but rather locked, access removed and secured in an obsolete user group.

0 Kudos

I've tried USMM and don't think this will work.

The issue with RSUSR100 is user group is not defined. The way our system is setup is each plant has a unique user group, this way we can identify what plant the user works at. In total we are talking about 30-50 user groups and 10K + User ID's.

When in RSUSR100 I just click on the deleted user flag and run it wide open for all ID's for a given time period; however this usually crashes. Once I have this data I need to know the user group.

A user id is not traceable to any paper trails as first name and last name is used for all off line sign off as well as HR documentation.

The "Action" field within RSUSR100 which contains the comment "User Deleted" is not stored in any table or flagged somewhere?

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am starting to run out of ideas to retro-fit this... and it is getting late (at least for a Friday).

Last idea: Take a look at this thread:

If you can find a way to get the address data of all the users, and then filter out those which still have a user master record, then you could via another field (address, telephone number, etc) identify the plant (and therefor the user group).

Also, if there is a report out there to do this, then finding a field which would be instrumental in linking the change document to the address data (even if it is a structure) might turn up in a where-used-list search for that field. Check the data element of the "action" field you mentioned, and where-used-list that for programs / function modules / etc.

Sorry, but I have to throw in the towel now.

Enjoy the weekend, and good luck with the auditors,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help Julius.

I have taken the route of creating an ID then deleting it in test. Then running a trace on my ID when executing the Change Documents in SUIM. Doing this I'm hoping to identify the actual tables being called and not the info from the Structure. Wow there is a lot going on and I'm even more lost then I was before. May take me a while to get through this.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

I thought I would update everyone.

I was able to use the tables USH02 and USH04 to get the majority of the data required. It isn't pretty but in the end I was able to provide the data requested.

Chris

0 Kudos

Thanks for following up.

If I do bump into anything like this again where there is a solution, I will try to remember this thread.

Cheers,

Julius