cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ESS modification + JDI] Activation of DC fails...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to modify ESS web dynpro. For this I use the JDI.

When I build my DCs locally on my PC I get no error, the ear file is generated and works fine.

The problem is when I want to check-in my activities and activate them, the activation request always fails. The build log says something like :

Oct 6, 2005 1:09:29 PM ...tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController [ Error]: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.createBuildSettings(CBSBuildController.java:568)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.execCommand(CBSBuildController.java:501)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.evalCmdLine(CBSBuildController.java:441)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.run(CBSBuildController.java:313)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.exec(CBSBuildController.java:251)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.mainLoop(CBSBuildController.java:206)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.main(CBSBuildController.java:167)

Oct 6, 2005 1:09:29 PM ...tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController [ Info]:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.createBuildSettings(CBSBuildController.java:568)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.execCommand(CBSBuildController.java:501)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.evalCmdLine(CBSBuildController.java:441)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.run(CBSBuildController.java:313)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.exec(CBSBuildController.java:251)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.mainLoop(CBSBuildController.java:206)

at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.main(CBSBuildController.java:167)

Obviously this is not an error in my coding because the local build works fine.

Did anyone manage to make this JDI work correctly with ESS modification ?

Thank you in advance for you answer.

Regards,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I check the list of "Broken by itself DCs", I get 12 answers :

ess/ben

ess/cat

ess/cod

ess/lea

ess/org

ess/per

ess/rep

ess/skl

ess/tra

ess/tra/trr

ess/wiw

ess/wtcor

hat is really strange is that I only modified ess/tra ! For the others I didn't even synchronize the sources on my local PC. So they are totally standard but are marked as "Development Components with Broken Metadata or Compile error" (the "compile state" light is red). Strange isn't it ?

Regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP levels of WebAS, JDI and NWDS are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

WAS is in SP13

JDI is in SP13

NWDS is in SP11

ESS is in SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this message on the forum of someone having the same problem. The error message is the same :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the entire logfile, like Antoine did?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julien - Did you solve the problem. I've been having the same issue as well. I imported the ESS (and MSS) packages into the JDI successfully. Synced just one DC, added a comment (to modify source), built it fine, checked-in and activated. I then had to modify CMS data (runtime system) which forced me to re-import. After re-importing, I see all DCs broken in both ESS and MSS.

Anyone else found a solution for this ? Help appreciated

Thx