cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI on i-Series: Hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

We have an XI 7.0 installation on an i-Series box, OS400/DB400V5R4, and running issues with hostnames. We have instances of R/3 and corresppnding QA instances ont he same box.

Q1: Host names: I understand form the OS guys that thies instance has to have upper case hostname, while SAP seems to be recommending lowercase. Infact, the parameter rsdb/hostname is forced to lowercase. What should be the right hostname. On the SLD, I am seeing that the Java stack is registering itself twice, with an lowercase hsotname, and an uppercase hostname.

Q2: The hostname shown on the SLD Server Details Page is completely wrong. Where can this be changed, and should this be uppercase/lowercase.

Thanks

Feroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

"For more information about unexpected hostnames of registered systems

in SLD, see SAP Note 1020043. for iseries" which is relateed to your problem

i found this in following sap note

978127 SAP NetWeaver 2004s SR2 Installation: IBM eServer iSeries

but i didn't find SAP Note 1020043

you should open OSS message for this

one more thing if you want hostname at OS level in lower case than you can create a alias in lower case in OS400

asign the hostname as alias in lower case with 'hostname' using CFGTCP command

also check Note 1052122 - Hostnames in SLD

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Jan 24, 2008 3:03 PM

dorothea_stein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

I've been editing note 1020043, I apologoize, it should be available again. SLD is currently showing the RDB name like WRKRDBDIRE shows it. If that's irritating, you may rename it to the TCP name.

Best regards,

Dorothea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal:

Thanks for your response, and it seems to be bringing me closer to the answer. I do have this logged on the OSS for solution.

The confusion I am having is that in the SLD, I am seeing TWO Java technical systems corresponding to the same, and one of them has hostname ghosa002, while the other has GHOSA002.

-Feroz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can remove one technical systems if there are two systems created corresponding to the same WebAs JAVA System

in general when technical system are creted under SLD the name of system looks like

SID on hostname

and hostname in small caps

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal:

I have deleted the uppercase one, however, the entry keeps coming back when the server is restarted (ABAP + Java).

Interestingly, the one with uppercase does not even get the version info etc.

Any other tricks?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

btw:

For sure, you can create lowercase host names on iSeries as well )

(But, it would be very risky to change this now, where SAP is installed already)

CFGTCP option 12 - Just use "single-quotes" (') around the hostname => You can use lowercase, uppercase or even a mixture ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which hostname you given in SAP instence, the same lowercase/uppercase hostname you can give/modify with OS level that is not a problem with TCP communication also.

In the OS level you can chenge any model like Upper/lower/mix/number etc..That is not a problem.

Thanks

Jibin.

Answers (0)