Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call function destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the different between call function using destination and don't use. Sometime if i didn't use destination. The function cannot work. If i use it. It would be work fine. When should i use and don't use, Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need get or validate data from some other box you need to use destination option.

if you do not want check with other box simply give destination as "NONE"

PS: Please check the function module is available in your system. It is not mandatory that calling function module will be available in source system. it can be in target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Call function using destination is used when you call remote functions locally.

in other words RFC FM's which exist in different server can be called from your local system using destination.

If the program does not work without the destination it means, that the FM definition might not be existing in the local system or the local system might not have data corresponding to the importing parameters.

Refer to the following link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/22/04255e488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Cheers!!

Lokesh

Lokesh