cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open support messages directly in change mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

when opening an existing support message via CRM_DNO_MONITOR, or DSWP, the message is always opened in display mode.

Is there any way to open it directly in change mode?

I only found the "settings" button, allowing me to select "Process Type for Business Transactions: Display / Change". But selecting "Change" does not make any difference: the messages are still opened in display mode?

Any ideas?

Thanks & Regards

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

in the report CRM_DNO_SERVICE_MONITOR you can find the form routine

FORM DETAIL USING LS_SELFIELD TYPE SLIS_SELFIELD with following rows:

SUBMIT CRM_BUSPROCESSND_SUBMIT_REPORT

WITH GUID = <GT_REPORT_LIST>-HEADER_GUID

WITH MODE = 'A'

AND RETURN.

If you replace the row WITH MODE = 'A' with WITH MODE = 'B' the transactions will be opened in change mode. Your settings in CRMD_ORDER are not taken into account, as the report must know in advance, how to open the transaction.

As another possibility, you also can use the BAdI CRM_DNO_MONITOR. Within this BAdI you can have your own coding, according to the requirements.

I hope this helps you,

regards

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Csaba - the modification seems to work perfectly!

However, if I want to avoid the modification of a standard report, could I simply copy the entire report abap code into the BAdI CRM_DNO_MONITOR? Would it replace the original report code at runtime?

Regards

Christoph

0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your information, I am glad to hear, that it works! I would not suggest you, to replace the coding of the BAdI, as it could lead to other issues later on. The modification you have made to the standard report, is not called anywhere else, just when opening the transaction monitor.

Regards

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I know this thread is answered already but I experience a little problem. Maybe you can help me:

I have tried to apply your solution but it only works when I open a message via the CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

Whenever I open a message by clicking on it in the message overview (TA DSWP / SOLUTION_MANAGER ) it still opens in display mode...

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Regards

Gerold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Request your help in answering my query about CRM_DNO_MONITOR in the thread:

I wonder if a similar solution as modification of the Report will be able to deliver this.

Being a Functional person myself, I would need to let my Technical team know the changes they'd have to incorporate. Any help/thoughts from your side will be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Srini

Answers (0)