cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not change SO order type - disallowed by item settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to be able to swap between 2 sales order document types, and use this to control selection of item categories.

I have 2 order types with exactly the same cofiguration - one is created as a copy of the other with all dependent tables. I then maintained 'the other' order type as alternative in VOV8.

However, the validation done by standard SAP in transaction VA02 when doing this seem very strict and much stricher than the F1 help in the alternative field in VOV8 indicates. A little debugging reveals this is determined in MV45AFFE_FELDAUSWAHL_VBAP-MATN in the big IF statement in the beginning.

Most of the checks here make good sense in order to ensure the order is not processed already, but 2 checks are disturbing me :

1. The check for item category structure ( TVAP-STRUM ) which disallow any material with BOM structure

2. The check for consumption ( VBAP-KZVBR ) which disallow components with sales order consumption.

Is anyone using this functionality and has overcome these issues ?

The Enhancement-point in the end of the form is no help, as it is not executed at EXIT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for useful input. In the end, I abandoned the swap of order types and build a custom solution using shipping condition as the swwapping condition. Please see my other question named "How to swap between to sets of item categories in sales order " for more details.

- Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

I trust you would have go through this help already. If you have done pls ignore. Otherwise pls go through.

Alternative sales document type

Alternative sales document type that can be selected during document processing.

Use

During sales document processing you can switch to one of the sales document types specified here.

Dependencies

So that you change the sales document type during sales order processing, the system has to run certain checks when the alternative sales document types are determined in Customizing. Only the document types that have passed these checks can be used as alternative document types.

o The following sales document categories can be used: Inquiry (A), quotation (B), order (C), contract (G), return (H), free-of-charge delivery (I), credit or debit memo

Customizing settings for sales document types:

- The sales document type must not be blocked (Sales document block field)

- The sales document type must not have an indicator (Indicator field)

- The settings in the Item division field must agree (the division in the sales document header is valid for all items)

The following must agree for both document types:

- Document payment guarantee procedure

- Partner determination procedure

- Text determination procedure

- Status procedure

- Pricing hierarchy category

- Billing plan type/invoicing plan

- Payment card type

- Promotion/receiving point determination (Customizing settings for retail)

- Commitment dates

- Payment card checking group

Kind Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this was the VOV8 F1 help I referred to, but it might be good to paste it in here.

I can even add that that the error I get in VA02 is :

Message no. V1847 - Diagnosis : You cannot enter any values for the item category for item 000010. This means that you cannot change the sales document type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running into the same issue and it appears to have something to do with the Requirements Type. I am using both make to order and make to stock and I am able to convert my make to stock item from one order type to the other because my item category is able to be changed. However, on my make to order I am unable to convert and the requirements type is now display only, along with my item category.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction, I am still in need of help as I have made attempts to change the requirements type class config, and am still unable to convert into the new order type because of the same message you are getting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to update... my issue was resolved by removing the costing elements on the requirements class. A cost estimate number was being assigned to my order item, and that will not allow changes to the class. We are not doing sales order costing, and the modified class now allows me to convert one order type into the other (with the new item category)