cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server0 takes two hours to startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I have a strange problem on my AS java . MY NW usage is XI .

My server0 takes almost two hours to startup. My server1 indeed takes only few minutes.

The platform is linux .

From logs this service takes a lot of time to comes up .

Service com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc started. (7770457 ms).

The other one shows "hard refererence" and "not loaded" .

SAP asked me to delete all the messages in error . I have done this but still have the same result.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

ths

bruno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I would check the log -> /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work/dev_server0 to see if you can find any additional details. I would guess this is due to excessive garbage collection due to either improperly configured parameters or a lack of memory. Java instances use ALOT of memory.

I've noticed similar issues (not 2 hrs, but 1/2 hour) in some of our java instances before and had to adjust some parameters. We're running on system i and not Linux, so I cannot point you to the specific note for your OS.

You may be able to find it by searching OSS Notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ths TJ .

The mistery is this. Dev_server0 remains without updates till all the status of the service change from starting application to running .

It cannot be a problem of parameters due to the fact that server0 and server1 has exactly the same parameters. But the second one runs quickly up. The other one remains in this status for two hours.

any other advise?

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

You could see if any other logs in the work directory are being updated during that two hour period and look into those for more details. Other than that, I do not have any additional suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has connected and analyze the problem is related to a lot of messages in HOLDING state.

We will try to change the status and then delete as they suggested. I will let you know if it leads to success.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

sap answered to our issue telling us to delete all the old messages in the status "to be delivered" They were causing the long startup.