Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** PIRWBUSER is frequently locked. Unable to open Comp. Monitoring in RWB

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLDCHECK transaction works fine in our XI system. But, when we login into RWB, it shows the error 'Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User credentials are invalid or user is denied access'

I have checked the PIRWBUSER. Its locked at that time. I unlocked the user and try to login in RWB. Again PIRWBUSER is locked. i.e automatically locked. that is the problem.

What could be the reason ?

Kindly tell friends.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you used the PIRWBUSER in several non-standard places like component monitoring rfc's, the user may get locked while components try to update their monitoring status. Check where-used lists for the user.

I recommend you to also check your RFC connections to see if you have used PIRWBUSER in any of them. Also, re-enter exchange profile RWB user-password parameters and PMISTORE in Visual Admin.

Choose an 8-character long password for PI service users, as I have witnessed some compatibility issues. You can check which service user is used where from the SAP Notes:

Note 936093 - XI 7.0 Changing the passwords of XI service users

Note 999962 - PI 7.10 Change passwords of PI service users

Do not forget to restart the complete system.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I checked all the points as said in Notes. But, still the user PIRWBUSER is immediately locked after unlock.

There is no information in the application log also (SM21 tcode)

We are in a urgent position.

Kindly help frieds. (Points will be awarded)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It would be good that you re-input password in Exchange profile under Runtime Workbench-> com.sap.aii.rwb.serviceuser.name parameters and restart the J2EE.

Have you done this?

In addiction, you must to input the new password in Visual Administrator-> Service -> Destinations -> HTTP -> pmistore.

Regards

Iván

Edited by: Carlos Ivan Prieto Rubio on Jan 24, 2008 2:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this OSS Note.

[Note 999962 - PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/999962]

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I will check this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, check the application logs. In my system it identified the user workstation that was locking the id. The user had the pw previously and saved it. If that's the case you will see it in the log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should wait a bit until after you unlock the user in ABAP stack. You could also check whether this user is still locked in J2EE stack. If you can't find out why this user get locked, you could create one another service user e.g. PIRWBUSER_XXX and copy as workaround.

regards,

Hai

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check all cases where this user is used. For instance, in Exchange Profile.

Best Regards

Ivá