cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Implosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody throw some info on BOM Implosion at sales order level. It would be great help for me if anyone worked on Bom implosion gives me some tips .

Thanks inadvance

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BOM "Implosion" ?

Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing in on themselves. The opposite of explosion, implosion concentrates matter and energy. An example of implosion is a submarine being crushed from the outside by the hydrostatic pressure of the surrounding water.

I don't think you really want to know how do this in a sales order, do you ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

thanks a lot for the answer. I also did nt knew if this was related to sales order.

A bit on the lighter side........!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for the answer. Actuvally i am working for a client which is in Retail industry. They maintain Customer Specific BOM Items. Their requirement is even the customer orders individual components, system should club those individual components and show them as a bom in the sales order. This should hapeen specific to cusomer.

Do you have any idea about how to go ahead with that

Thanks&Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear srini,

if we know what are the specific items the customer may order along with the quantities then create it as BOM. Now dont allow it explode at the sales order level. This you can do by having Tan as the item category for this item. what happens is the structure scope is set to not explode the BOM for TAN.

But it cant happen like user enters 3 or 4 components and they are merged into one.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard options you have are:

1) Pre "Kit" them into a Sales BOM BEFORE you create the Sales Order, then enter that BOM as the Sales Line

2) Put them all into the same delivery group number on the sales order. This will ensure they get delivered together. It doesn't exaclty get you what you are asking, but there's no way yo dynamically create a Sales Bom from individually enered components on the sales order.

Bill