cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh Only Java part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear Gurus,

I have been given a task to do a system refresh for only java part for BI ( ABAP is already done).

please tell me what are all the precautions that to be taken while doing the java part.

we are running on windows and Mysql.

Please specify the steps that to be performed before doing the java part in the source system and target system.

Many thanks for your time guys.

Kind Regards,

Vamsi.

Edited by: vamsi koganti on Jan 23, 2008 1:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

You need not to worry much about the Java Refresh.

You have to just import the JAVA Stack using SAPINST. For import you will use the Java Export taken from the source system.

Since you have already refresh your ABAP stack so before starting the import :

- Take the backup of profile directory (/sapmnt/<sid>/profile) as import will over the profiles.

- delete the j2ee, SDM directory and all the contents inside the global directory.

- As part of Java import it will look for the CONTROL.SQL file. So give only "startup;" in that fle which will bring your database up. And take care that before starting the import your SAP and Database should be down.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear Rajesh

Many thanks for your reply and your time.

Few more questions

*deleting the contents of the global directory (pleasetell me where it is located)

• where to give the CONTROL.SQL file?

and one more problem

I am getting the fallowing error when i start sapinst.exe

starting gui server process:

sapinstport: 21200

guiport : 21212

guistart : true

command : "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12/bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/sapinst_exe.8596.1201160177\jar\instgui.jar;C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/sapinst_exe.8596.1201160177\jar\inqmyxml.jar" -Xmx256M -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

guiengine: call to bind() for socket 21200 1800 failed . No error

103 guiengine.connection.failed 21200, 943

Exit status of child: 1

• I look in some previous post they ask the person to check the port is being used or not? how to check the port is being used or not? and how to assign this to that port **************

Please help me rajesh.

Once again many thanks for your time.

kind Regards,

vamsi.

Edited by: vamsi koganti on Jan 24, 2008 8:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Global directory will be in "\usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\global". You can do the import without deleting also.

Your CONTROL.SQL file you have to create in the directory where your SAPINST will extract files during import.

Check for the port number 21200 of your server because SAPINST will use the same to connect.

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We are also going thru the same process.( ABAP part is taken care by the Database Team)

Please let us know which one of the below options we have to select to proceed with target system installation.

Standard System Copy Migration load-based

or Homogeneous Backup Restore menthod.

Note : The Database team has renamend the Database to our Quality SID and all the ABAP part is good.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please have a look at note: 785848

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mentions we are in N/W 7.0 SR2.

the note is for 6.20/6.40

many thanks for your help.

Please help me if you have any idea about this one.

Regards,

Vamsi.