cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have maintained 2 materials a1 , a2 for swaping a1----a2, two materials having the stock of 10 each when i raise the sales order when i enter a1 material it will pick automatically a2 i want to have after exhausting the stock a1 it should take a2 what should i do for that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know SAP will try to pick the substitute material only if the quantity of the first material is not available.

This is the explanation of SAP in Mat determination related help.

Material entered: Product A Requested quantity is 30

Condition record for alternatives: Product A ATP qty 10 - substitute 1

Product B ATP qty 20 - substitute 2

Product C ATP qty 30 - substitute 3

The system proposes: Product A ATP qty 10 - substitute 1

Product B ATP qty 20 - substitute 2

The system does not select product C although it would satisfy the order completely. For the system to consume product C first, you would have to reprioritize it as substitute 1.

I am get an idea. In the condition record, first setup same material as the substitute and be in the condition record screen and go to Menu in that you have alternative materials option. Once you click on that the system will take you to the subsequent screen where you can maintain multiple items. Once you maintain the other materials, I believe SAP will first try to exhaust the qty from the main material and in the order will get in to alternate materials.

If this still doesnt help then there is a user exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_KOMKD and USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_KOMPD

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VB11 maintain same material A1 for "material" and "material entered".Then press F2 you get another screen,here u maintain A2....and substitution category 006.

Should work....

Jen