cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create RFC to File Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have imported a BAPI from import objects and while creating message mapping I am getting two messages one BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail and BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail.response how to make use of both? If I am mapping response with the target DT its not being displayed while creating IM.

Thanks and Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF ur doing Asyncronous senario then no need of BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail.response, u have to do mapping between BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail and the structure which u have created.

If ur senario is Syncronous then u have to create Two mapping one is to BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail and second is to BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail.response.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through these links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=rfctofile&cat=sdn_all

hope this will help. and please while configuring RFC sender,

first activate your communication channel, then make ur RFC destination of TCPIP and use same parameters as in RFC Communication channel.

Rewards, if found helpful.

BR,

Kasturika

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using Syn we will have request and responce in an RFC to File Interface how to make use of them. Like how send the request and get the response from R/3. It will be helpfull if I get a step by step guide.

Thanks,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata,

Thanks for the update...so u are working on Sender RFC adapter and i am sure you will find following blogs very helpful:

Sender RFC Adapter:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regarding the error: Please ensure that you have created a RFC destination in SM59 properly (refer Michal's blog for this ) and do test the link to your XI system.

Cheers,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reponses, I have tried with Asynchrons but while triggering the Data from SE37 its throwing an error CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR. I have tested the RFC connection ist working fine from SM59.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member267355
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check error in Transaction SM58.

Refer this blog for synchronous scenario

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkata,

Please tell us more about your scenario such as what is sender and what is recicver.

I am supposing the BAPI is the sender then you have to map

BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail with the target system and if you are expecting some response (i.e, synchronous scenario) from the target system then that has to be mapped to BAPI_Projectdef_Getdetail.response .

Do let us know incase you have anyother doubt.

Cheers,

Puneet

PS: Please award points if you feel the replu is helpful.

former_member267355
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing aynchronous scenario no need to do mapping for bapi response.

If you are doing synchronous scenario you need to create two mapping for bapi request and response.

Create your message interface for bapi as asynchronous so that in interface mapping you will get request and response for specifying your mapping. There you need to assign request and response mappings.

Regards,

Sakthi