cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

1) Is it possible to syndicate Taxonomy data (because the attribute differ from record to record), if yes how, in which format??

1) Is it possible to syndicate Qualified (like several addresses for single record) data, if yes how, in which format??

Regards,

NL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

1) Is it possible to syndicate Taxonomy data (because the attribute differ from record to record), if yes how, in which format??

Ans: yes, you can syndicate taxonomy data in xml format and flat file as well.

In xml while uploading schema you can define occurences as well as make structure for taxonomy attributes.

1) Is it possible to syndicate Qualified (like several addresses for single record) data, if yes how, in which format??

Ans: can be syndicated in both the format.

Rewards If found helpful,

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try syndicating the taxonomy data using CLFMAS xml shema. You will get a better clarity on how to send the taxonomy data . On the source side you will find a row for atributes as below

Material Class [All Atribute] -

> E1AUSPM

Name -

> ATNAM

Value----->ATWRT

Check the destination preview . This should help.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogesh,

Can you please send me dummy product data in XML format? I found the xsd and map with the standard Product repository but I could not test it because I have not data.

Best regards,

NL

usernl@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a taxanomy built and we are tryng to syndicate this .. I am not able to map the "name" & "value" 'cause the MAP field is greyed out.. also .. I have the taxanomy attributes appearing as "Indivudual Attributes".

How do you syndicate a taxanomy to XI ? Is there any specialy treatment if its tobe sent to BI

-Vinay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

We can syndicate taxonomy data in xml format and flat file.

In xml while uploading schema we have to define occurrences as well as make structure for taxonomy attributes.Or u can use the standard ones like CLFMAS.

The syndication of the qualified data can be done in XML format.

To do this in MDM syndicator u have to select destination property as XML schema which you have to define in the Console In XML schema table .This XML schema u have to design like using Altova xml design tool.After that u have to map the source and destination fields in MAP properties and don't forget to give the namespace value

then in destination items tab select each node and select the check boxes of Required and Repetable XML node .To check if all the things are correct check the destination preview.and then syndicate.

Hope this may help u .

Regards

Ankit

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii NL,

In Case of Taxonomy data it is possible we can syndicate in both XML and CSV format. For this we can create new attributes structure and matching and merging them accordingly.

In next case it is also possible.

Reward points if useful.

Rgds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , its possible to syndicate both taxonomy data and qualified data out of MDM. The format will be XML.

[To syndicate Taxonomy Data :]

If you are using standard Material Idoc structure (MATMAS) then to syndicate Classification data i.e. taxonomy data make use of (CLFMAS).

CLFMAS consist of multiple subnodes. Out of these E1AUSPM will be of your interest. As yogesh suggested ATNAM will correspond to "Attribute Name" and ATWRT will correspond to "Attribute Values".

You can even create your own XSD. The only thing in this would be to create a node which will repeat multiple times.

[To Syndicate Qualified Data:]

We can syndicate Qualified data with XML format only. This is because one main table record can have multiple qulaified links as you have sugested for addresses. And to syndicate it out of MDM the appropriate structure is XML as it holds different nodes which can repeat multiple times depending on total records from sources (Total Qualified Links).

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I get CLFMAS data structure, any procedure to be followed.

regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I get CLFMAS data structure, any procedure to be followed.

regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Goto T code we60 put CLFMAS01/02 in IDOC type see the structure.

regards-

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem when trying to syndicate taxonomy attribute data. It is appending the Rating to the end of the attribute name which I do not want.

Example:

Attribute Name: BORE

Attribute Rating: Nominal

When I extract this, the Attribute Name appears as BORE [Nom].

I don't want this [Nom] appended to the end as the characteristic name in R/3 that I want to map this to, is simply BORE.

In the Data Manager Reference Guide, it says:

NOTE > To distinguish the different ratings for a numeric attribute in

attribute lists, MDM appends to the attribute name the rating

abbreviation in square brackets (e.g. Width [Max]). However, MDM

does not append the [Nom] suffix when Nominal is the only rating

specified for the attribute.

This does not appear to be true as I am only using Nominal for all my characteristics, but it is appending [Nom] to the end of all of them.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks!

EDIT: I resolved this by using the "Trailing Characters to Strip" option in the Syndicator tool.

Edited by: Ryan Hall on Jul 25, 2008 6:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Synidication is possible for taxonomy data(even when records are having diff attributes).How??Use syndication maps.you can create new hierarchy or merge/partition while mapping.Same is true for field Values also.

Same will hold true for qualified data also in this case combine the fields(qualifier and the non qualifiers).

This can be done for XML files/schemas/excel.