Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Web Dynpro project into a Web Dynpro DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Web Dynpro project created.

Now I want to convert it into a Web Dynpro DC (Development Component).

Could anyone tell me if there is a standard procedure to do this?

Right now, I am following the below procedure:

Copy all the folders under root folder->src-> packages of Web Dynpro project into root folder->src-> packages of Web Dynpro DC.

Rebuild the DC.

But in this procedure I am getting errors (in view code) as the required interfaces (example, IPrivate<<component-name>>.java) are not getting generated when I re-build the DC.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

When you create a DC in the last step: you have a check box to copy source from local project. Did you try this option?

regards,

Siva

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) make your webdynpro project open.

2) open development configuration / create new project - development component.

3) specify name of dc and choose webdynpro, click next

4) click the check box import from content from existing local project

and finish

since your webdynpro project is deployed in the server once, you need to undeploy it, before deploying the created development component.

steps:

1) log on to SDM

usr\<SID>\JC<ist_number>\SDM\program\RemoteGUI.bat

2) log-in and choose undeployment tab

3) your local project will be listed here

e.g. Local/WDProject

- choose project and click select and start undeployment.

- now, you are done. close SDM GUI

Build and Deploy your DC in studio

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of using a local DC, we used a DC on NWDI and followed the procedure indicated in this thread. It worked for me. Issue resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I have used two way for this and both worked fine for me.

1. While creating DC project at the end there eill be a check box, which when you tick will show your local dynpro project and you can then import that.

2. Create DC project after that copy the component of your local dynpro project and paste it on the option where you can create the component of DC project.

After pasting click next - next so that everything remain in sync.

After that check if you have any compilation error, check them if they are because of some jar files.. you have to add the library files by using the option -> DC Metadata ->DC Definition ->Used DC.

If you got no compliation error, then just rename the component ( again click next) and then deploy.

otherwise you may get deployment error.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Namrta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, some of the class files are not present in the bin folder which are required for the view code to compile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this, you can try ´sync used components´ from the context menu.

I don´t understand why you want to migrate from (local) WDP project to DC project that is not under JDI (local).

What´s the purpose? What do you expect to achieve?

Regards, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aditya

did your problem resolve?

for copying the WD project into Local DC you need be logged into NWDI. if you are not logged in then the project created will be saved on the local PC.Logging on to NWDI is optional for creating Local DC in NWDS

For copying the project into local dc

1.open both the projects and go to Navigator view in WD perspective. There you need to copy the src folde from source project to target DC.

2.then go to Webdynpro Explorer view and reload the DC.

3. Rebuild the DC.

4. then DC build that DC.

I followed this procedure and it worked for me.

you can refer this document

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9e/1c200ac164cf4a942f2dacdf3359e9/content.htm]

some of the steps like "Add Files to DTR " will come only if you have been logged into the NWDI.

i hope this helps you

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roelof,

I understood your solution.

But please suggest me a solution if both my Web Dynpro project and Web Dynpro DC are local.

I do not have a JNDI setup.

I am still confused as to why certain interfaces (IPrivate<<compenent-name>>.java) are not getting generated (during re-build).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roelof,

There are no files under the def folder. It is empy.

Plz. suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, it is important that you import the source from the navigator tab.

After this, close NWDI.

Start NWDI, log in to JDI

From the Web Dynpro explorer tab, choose Development Component, sync sources.

Then choose build from the context menu.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit

As informed, I am not able to check the checkbox in the last step of DC creation.

It is grayed out. I am not sure why!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried this.

But when i create a new Web Dynpro DC, in the last step the option to choose is grayed out. I am not able to choose the project in the last step.

plz. suggest.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Instead of copying only packages folder try with copying entire src folder. Still the problem persists you can try with manually adding the .jar files(which are missing) using add External JARs in Java Build Path.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roelof

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have closed and opened the project. But doesnt seem to solve my issue. Still the compilation errors persist.

But i havent tried copying the Public part code.

Could you please tell me where can I find this Public part code in the Web Dynpro project folder structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copy the files (src & pp), you must first switch to the Navigator tab in your navigator view. There you can see a folder named def, which contains pp files.

Good luck,

Roelof

PS1 the checkbox is grayed out becaus you used a local DC project of type Web Dynpro and not an local Web Dynpro part.

PS2 You must be logged onto JDI when you perform these actions

PS3 Closing and opening NWDS can may also help-

Edited by: R. Knibbe on Jan 23, 2008 11:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

in ur NWDS File -> New -> Development Component Project -> Select the location where you want to create a DC( eg: MyComponents) -> Enter the details for the DC to be created(Choose the type as WebdynPro) -> Next -> Now select the check box Import content from Existing Local Project -> Now from the drop down select the proejct that you want cretae as DC.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same recently.

The procedure worked for me, however I noticed that:

You also need to copy the pp (public part) files apart from the src directory.

It is sometimes required to reload your project.

Even better is to close and open the project.

Make sure projects that are used in other projects are compiled succesfully before converting the using rojects. This prevents a cascade of errors.

Good luck, Roelof