cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage support for xMAM ..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to make the activity codes of xMAM v3 to be transferred to the device in language different than EN. What I've done so far:

- enabled the multilanguage support in customizing of MAM (spro)

- put the communication and login language of my user to the desired one (su01)

- logged in to the device using this language

- create an order with the corresponding language (stupid idea anyway, since the codes are got from other SyncBos)

I am totally out of ideas how can get from backend the strings in language different than EN. It is not about only activity codes/groups in MAM17 and MAM18, but in general.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Preetham,

Actually my question was "where in the backend can I find the translations for the MAM activity code groups"?

Thanks in advance,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

well, I am still not sure what your problem is - but....

The selection of the Code Group for example happens in:

BAPI_CODEGROUP_CODE_GETLIST

Well, this method is called in ALM_ME_CODEGRP_GETDETAIL and there you find the line

langu = sy-langu

so this defines the language.

Perhaps this helps you to solve your issue and understand the process a little? So you are right - it is the GETDETAIL handler as such - but the language in there is defined by sy-language as you see. Change the language and all should be fine.

Regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Kaluscha on Jan 30, 2008 2:19 PM

oh - just to mention - MAM017 and so on are running under the RFC user in the backend - so the language of the current user on the PDA will not really help here I think.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

I guess, you are asking about B/E customization regarding translation of codes/code groups in various languages...

If it is the case, you can find them in the following customization

SPRO->Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance and Service Processing -> Maintenance and Service Notifications -> Notification Creation-> Notification Content -> Maintain Catalogs

Once you enter catalogue and corresponding code group(or * for all code groups), you will see codegroup/code screen.

Select the code and select Menu Edit->Translation. You can then enter the translation for various languages.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems stupid, but... do you have any idea where the translation takes place for the MAM activity code groups in the backend system..?

Many thanks,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This is not stupid, most of the customers dont want to see blank fields on the pda. Also In order to enable them to work even if the translation is not available.

Well the translation happens in the middlewware. The data for the translation is given by the backend and during download of data the translation is done.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Oliver,

Thanks a lot for the SAP Note. We've just applied it and during my tests I got that we are one step closer - the activity codes(MAM17 Item 020, field CODE_TEXT) are now visible in the custom language, however the activity groups (MAM17 TOP Item, field CODEGROUP_TEXT) are still in English.

If you have any idea, I'll be really thankful;-)

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If there is no translation happening for the field then it could be that the relevant translation is not present in the backend. Hence as a safetly precaution SAP Mobile displays the data in the default language.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I am totally OK with my understanding for the MAM translation on device site, I've implemented this and it worked fine.

However, MAM30_017 is not related to specific order and contains catalog and code groups information. Even, if we use a multi language version of our GetDetail BAPI wrapper for the MAM30_017 we still receive the english version of the strings.

Anyway, how can I observe the SyncBos data prior being processed and put in waiting queue, since at this time the language specific keys translation should be done..

Thanks,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

I hope now I am with you - sorry, I missunderstood the request a little.

What service level you are on? Have a look into Note 1056910 and the related ones. If I am right, mam95 triggers mam16 and then mam16 triggers the download of mam17 - so that is the reason why I recommend that note. As I implemented it I found out, that there where about 10 other notes around multi language I had to implement as well - but at the end it was working.

If you are already on that patch level and the setting in SPRO is done, then we can continue from there.

Sorry for the previous missunderstanding!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lao,

I am a little confused.

The device setup is done in the laguage you like. So after that the device is running in the language you decide.

As well on the device you set the language for MAM. Then the complete UI is running in the language you decide. Well, it is the case that texts from the backend are not transalted. So if you enter the description of an order in Suaheli, it will come down to the device in Suaheli.

But the UI itself is still running in French if you have selected that.

You can see the languages and edit these for your extensions, if you open the folder

APP-ROOT/WEB-INF/classes

There you find the files: MAMtext_xx.properties - where xx stands for the language.

So if you tell MAM on the client to run in French, it will select the file MAMtext_fr.properties.

I hope I have not missed your point......

Regards,

Oliver