cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter : Email has blank sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an interface that creates an email and attaches 2 files. This all works great in our development environment. In our production environment, however, the same scenario creates an email with no sender.

The "from" attribute in the mail CC is set to GeFacto

In dev the email is created correctly with GeFacto as sender. If I look in Lotus Notes on the email's document properties the from field has "GeFacto".

In prod the email is created with no sender. If I look in Lotus Notes on the email's document properties the from field has "<GeFacto>".

Somehow prod is putting angle bracklets on the "from" attribute, which Lotus Notes is interpretting differently.

If I change the "from" attribute in XI to be <GeFacto> in dev environment (where it previously worked) it does the same as production and creates the email with a blank sender.

We have vers SP19 in development and SP16 in production - This is the only difference I can see because the CCs are identical.

Please help - I have been stuck on this for a while!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the pointers.

In the end I managed to solve it. The "from" parameter in the receiver mail adapter has to be an email address.

This is only true for version SP16.

In SP19 it allows you to enter text as well - which is why it worked in development and not in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lynn,

Good to know that you have figured out the solution.

But I have doubt that is it like your Dev and PRD system are on a different SP ?

Please do let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes crazy but true!!!

We have development SP19, quality SP19 and then production SP16.

It makes debugging very difficult - especially with problems like this one.

They were supposed to put SP19 into production - but basis had so many problems putting it into the test systems - I think they are scared to put it live!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...thanks for the update Lynn

But I would suggest you to propose this PRD upgrade as it deserves the required efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynn,

Go to Message Monitoring of the Adapter Engine in RWB and check out the payload of your scenario in details option. Analyze the payload.

Regards,

Sudharshan N A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Lynn,

I have also worked on such a scenario but never encountered this error.

Please check the following points:

1. Check the module configuration parameter in the receiver mail adapter.

2. I would suggest you to monitor the message step by step in sxmb_moni in XI and fiigure out at which step this <> is being added in the message.

Keep us posted.