cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP purchase requisitions inconsistency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i have a question regarding purchase requisitions in the SNP planning. We have integrated purchase info records and purchase contracts from R/3 and we are using them as sources ouf supply in the SNP planning. The SNP heuristic applies purchase requisitions, but it don't delete them if the demand has disappeared.

The support told us, that the cause of this behaviour is the missing means of transport in the transportation lanes. Purchase requisitions which are generated without means of transport are inconsistent and the heuristic can't delete them.

I wondered about this statement because the lanes are generated automatically via CIF but without means of transport. Unfortunately we have to maintain them manually now for hundreds of lanes. With means of transport it works pretty fine.

Did anybody make the same experiences and what was your approach?

Kind regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not been able to create snp pur reqs (stock transfers) without a means of transport using snp heuristics.

if you are able to, I would submit an oss message.

ken snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought these points might be of some help to all

1. SNP heuristic being a infinite planning create pur req even if no source is defined, with source and MOT blank, this behaviour is also observed when no MOT is defined for a lane or the MOT defined is not SNP relevant (i.e. relevant for aggrgtd planning).

2. You need to define both product specific lane and MOT lane to generate a proper Purchase req with source and MOT.

3. SNP heuristic cannot delete any transaction data that it cannot create or has not created.

I hope this helps, also you can use BAPI to define Transportation Lane (Product spec and MOT spec) which is a very convinient and useful way of creating Transportation Lane Master Data.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjog,

thanks for your explanation. But i don't still understand why the snp heuristic is able to apply pur req without MOT but then it is not able to delete them??? That is an opposite behavior.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I had mentioned SNP heuristic can delete only those orders that it can create, I have checked the same scenario first I created Pur Req by running heuristic and no source, Pur Req without MOT and source is created.

Then I deleted the demand and again ran heuristic it deleted all the Pur reqs as expected.

Is this the scenario that you are trying, If yes and the behaviour is not as expected then please raise an OSS note.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure SNP Heuristics is creating these stock transfers?

I have not seen SNP heuristics create stock transfers w/o a means of transport. Which release are you using?

THey are not required by CTM or PP/DS but I think they are for SNP Heuristics.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

yes i'm sure that these stock transfer orders were generated by the SNP heuristic. We checked this behaviour also in the interactive SNP planning. It is curious that the heuristic applies them without means of transport but it don't delete them.

As a workaround we are currently using a report to generate the means of transport automatically before the planning run.

In PP/DS planning we ascertained no problems.

We are using SCM release 4.1 level 10

Kind regards,

Christian

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately Means of Transport has to be manually added to Transportation Lanes even when the lanes get automatically created via CIF during transfer of Purchasing Inforecords or Contracts from R/3.

Also can you check if you have the Fix Stock Transfer checkbox ticked for the Product Master in SNP2 tab.

SAP Help mentions the following behaviour for SNP Heuristic:

If you set this indicator, all SNP stock transfers from previous planning runs that are within the SNP stock transfer horizon are considered as fixed during the heuristic run in Supply Network Planning (SNP) and, therefore, are not deleted.

Hope this is not your case.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fix Stock Transfer checkbox we have not ticked.

However, it's ok that SNP needs means of transport but it would have been helpful that this condition is mentioned in the documentation. Do you know any source where this behaviour is documented?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never seen this problem.

We have manually added means of transport if the model is small or modify cif via user exit to automatically add the means of transport.

I know CTM works fine w/o means of transport.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

...is there really no one who uses R/3 purchase info records or contracts as SOS in SNP ???