cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract customized lookup tables from R3 using MDMGX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying a scenario to extract the reference data(Lookup table data) from R3 System to MDM System.

For this I am using the transaction "MDMGX" and I am able to successfully extract the standard lookup table data which has been shipped by SAP in R3 on the basis of object types like article, product, catalog etc....

Now I want to extract the look up table data which is not a standard one(Not shipped by SAP).

Can someone please explain me the steps to do the above.( I have already referred the document MDM 5.5 - Generic extractor for reference data but it did not resolve the above issue).

Do I have to use Maintain Ports and Customizing Tables option in MDMGX?

If yes, then kindly tell me the steps for using the above option (i.e. how to add a new port and customized lookup table for a custom object type).

Thanks,

Kaushik.

Note: Points will be rewarded if helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik

folow these steps:

1>define the repositories and FTP server.All MDM repositories and server has to be added here.

2>Maintaining ports and check tables: Remove the max no of hits and execute without giving any parameter.From the list filter on say R3 System and say Product Object. See all the checktables provided.If you want to create additional check table create new entry and add.U need to know the table name in R3.Save the transport request.

3> You can generate both the XSD and XML file for the lookup tables thus defined.Give the path where u want to store the files. use the XSD file so generated for import of data from R3 to MDM.

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have tried the same thing, If I go for "Maintain ports and check tables" and i have created a new port in the object.I have configure the detail there like System type, object type, MDM_portCode name which i want to creat and corresponding table name from which i have to extract the data.thats it.

I have not defined nonlanguage field, Language field,where clause link info etc...

but when i extract the data for this perticular table as local download, it is giving me a error like "invalid field of table * in customizing for port "LT_XXX" entered."

Could you please let me know where i am going wrong?

Should i mentioned the nonlanguage field, Language field?

Thanks,

Saurabh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please mention the exact entries & table names from ur entry ?

Regards

Yogesh

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

this is a known issue, check and apply SAP Note 1128023 to your system!

BR Michael

Answers (0)