cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Committing - how does it really work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to all that have been answering my questions - very much appreciated !!

1) Can anybody explain how connections are maintained in order for commits to work. When my java app (in WebSphere) opens a connection the connection is proxied through the SAP Application server into oracle - is this correct ? If yes, then it must be true that the SAP Application server keeps a reference to the connection for me in order for my commits to work. - I hope I explained this well:)

2) Some Bapi's commit themselves in their implementation regardless of the caller's intentions. Yet others leave the committing to the callers...what is the explanation behind this ? Is it true that Bapi's written prior to SAP 4.0 are 'autocommit' and all written after 4.0 are not ?

thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

> 2) Some Bapi's commit themselves in their

> implementation regardless of the caller's intentions.

> Yet others leave the committing to the callers...what

> is the explanation behind this ? Is it true that

> Bapi's written prior to SAP 4.0 are 'autocommit' and

> all written after 4.0 are not ?

In general the behaviour changed with 4.0. It should not be the case that all BApis kept their behaviour. Nevertheless there are BAPIs that kept the old behaviour for diverse reasons. There is anote on this in OSS which a list of such BAPIs.

regards,

Benny