cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use MDMGX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have read in so many threads that Using ZMDME_EXTRACT*553 reports is outdated for extracting Reference data & using MDMGX is the correct way.

I have gone through the Generic Extraction pdf from marketplace.

But still i m able to use this transaction properly.

I m not able to fill values for all the required fields of this transaction & not not able to understand how it works.

I have successfully completed all standard scenarios...Material,Vendor,customer...... R3>XI>MDM & vice versa using ZMDME_EXTRACT*553

Can anybody help me in doing the same scenarios using MDMGX?

Thanks,

Maheshwari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

There are some standard object defined in MDMGX, you can use from them as per your requirement.

Sap has shipped standard lookup tables to extraxct the data from R3,SRM,CRM to MDM System.

And for use of MDMGX, just configure the option"Define repositories and FTP Server".

After that you can creat a XSD file as per the object, for creating the lookup tables in your repository.

for extraction of the object you can use, "start extract" option.

Any further information, you can refer the related PDF as you mentioned.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Reward with points if found helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

There should be something using which MDMGX will extract reference data from R3.

I could see one field as Table Name.................. What is this?

Do i need to execute MDMGX for every reference table???

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

All standard reference data had already been attached to the object type and Sytem type.U can find this by selecting R3 in system type and say Product in Object type and then execute "maintain port and check tables". this will provide all reference tables attached to Product object. You can also add new entries here if any reference data is missing and which is used in MDM repositories.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to execute "MDMGX" for every reference data table.

you just goto option "start extraction" and there you will find the option like "MDM_PortCode", there you can define the Port Code name for the lookup table which you have created in your repository and you can select for multiple selection and there you can define the multiple port code to extract the data.

Remember this portcode name must be same as you have defined in the repository against your lookup table name.

regards,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thnks but i couldnt see any Function Module in SAP help list.

Do i need to write it?

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no need to mention any FM for standard repositories lookups provided by sap.

But i think we have to write a FM for custom ones.

hope it will help.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

Write MDMGX in R3 browser, following options will be displayed.

1.Set up Extraction

a)Define Object Types

b)Define Repositories and FTP Server: For which you want to extract data like a logical name

c)Maintain Ports and Check tables: port numbers and for which table tha data has to be extracted.

d)Define Function Module:Give function module name from list provided by SAP which suits.

2 Execute Generation and Extraction

a)Generate XSD: to generate schema of table for saving in console.

b)Start Extraction: it will give data to ready port of repository.

please rewards if found helpful.

Regards,

Alok Sharma