Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a following scenario.

In Exports, the revenue realisation should happen only on Bill of lading(BL) date. This date will be known 3-4 days after creating a billing document. System should post to accounting only on BL date and not on billing date.

SAP defaults the billing date as posting date. Can I control the revenue posting based on this BL date instead of default billing date?

The client does not want to change manaully the billing date as posting date.

Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use Pre-requisite and Substitution. This is the easiest way to get rid of the posting date problem.

Thnx..Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

What is Prerequsite and substitution? I am not able to understand your comments. Can you elaborate a bit?

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forget to mention that RV60AFZC will ONLY check and validate the billing date. But to populate B/L No & Date in VF02, you have to use User Exit ZXVVFU01.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

Go to VOFA, select your billing type. Here there is a field "Posting block". Select this so that whenever invoice is generated, accounting document will not be generated.

Once you receive the B/L, again go to VF02, enter the billing document reference and click the green flag on top. Now accounting document will be generated.

Further if you want to enter B/L number and date at VF02 stage, use User Exit RV60AFZC.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though customer account should be debited and revenue recognised after bill of lading, excise payment (though zero in this case) / registers need to be updated on removal of goods from factory. Standard practice in such situations is to make proforma invoice and create excise document referencing the proforma. When bill of lading is finally obtained, billing can be done done with revenue / turn over recognition.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using a seperate billing document type for exports. If that is the case check the indicator against posting block in the billing document type.

Once you do this, get the list of all the billing documents for which bill of ladding is done then post them as a batch process. For this you need to create a bdc which will post the document. I am not sure if there is any BAPI which can do this.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I post them as a batch process then how the system understand the BL date? which is different from billing date?

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

Yes even if you process through VFX3, if you apply the User Exit ZXVVFU01, it will ask invoice wise B/L No. & Date.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhsmipati,

I am not able to find out the user exit XVVFU01 which u have mentioned?

Have u create ur own...is it possible?

Regards

Sunil Garg

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil

It is a standard user exit ZXVVFU01 and from your post, it seems, letter Z is missing.

For information, the same requirement is working fine for me with this user exit which you can check in SE38.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi