cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve by email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation where a user recieves an email from procurement asking him to approve a shopping cart. He pressed "Approve by email" and got an undeliverable email message.

This has also happened to another shopping cart that he received.

I'm thinking that the email address he responds to may be wrong. Is there a place where I can view the email address in config, and correct it should I need to?

Rgds

TV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

All the offline emails approval/rejection requests would reach the Inbox of WF-BATCH. Please check if the communication method for wf-batch is INT E-mail and also an email ID is maintained in SU01.

Please also make sure that job for program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL is getting executed by WF-BATCH.

You can check the spool of this job to find out if the email approval has been picked up by the job.

Once offline approval is picked by this job, it comes to the Documents in SBWP Inbox of WF-BATCH and then gets processed to complete the workitem. Once the workitem is processed, this disappears from Documents.

Please check this and let me know if this process is happening fine in your case.

Please award points if this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The job ZWORKFLOW_EMAIL which uses program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL is running correctly.

I've checked the email ID in SU01, and they are correct to.

Where do go to check the communication method for wf-batch?

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

Did you check the settings in SO50 ?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

The settings are fine in SO50.

Communication type: Internet email

Correct recipients email address

Exit name:CL_BBP_SMTP_INBOUND_OFFAPP and CL_APPOINTMENT_REPLY

TV

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

You can check that email id in Txn SO50

Best regards

Ramki

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The Program associated with the offline approval is RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL. There should be a batch job associted with the same in your system.

If there is a failure in the approval, you should generally see the reason for the same in the spool list for the batch job during the period of approval. You need to track it using either the approval work item no. or in some cases the shoping cart no.

The below link would detail the process of offline approval in SRM :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/31/ec423b4ac8d506e10000000a11402f/content.htm

I hope this answers your query.

Kindly award suitable points if the same was found helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The approver gets the request to approve via his email, while online. So offline approval would not be relevant using program RBBP_OFFLINE_EVAL. Are there any other checks I can do, please?

Regards

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through the threads as well ->

Regards

- Atul

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This program is used for the transfer of SRM document to the Mailbox of the user - generally outlook.

Did you happpen to check the batch job in your system ?

Please refer the thread above too..

Regards,

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh Rajendran on Jan 24, 2008 12:31 PM