SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Module Booking in Campus management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Now, I am developing student module booking program in Webdynpro abap.

And I found a rfc which is named HRIQ_STUDENT_BOOKING.

My questions are below:

1. Is the function only one way to make a student booking.

2. I fount another function HRIQ_MODULE_BOOKING.

Is it also can use to make module booking?

I called this function in webdynpro, but i got this exception message

Exception condition "CNTL_ERROR" raised

3. I tested HRIQ_STUDEN_BOOKING function. I booked on Module and Eventpackage, so I filled 'it_moduletab' parameter.

And it works well. But I tried to booked on one module with two student at the same time, but one was booked but the

other is not.

As a detail, I used two computers and I logged on Portal with different Student ID. I each choose one module and I clikced

save button at the same time.

I got this message 'Failed to lock event'.

I am making this module booking program for student, as a student self-service. Therefore many students are going to use

this program in order to book on one or lots of modules. this rfc function is appropriate for those kind of module booking?

I expect that many transaction will be occur to book on one class in order to take the better class, if there are same

classes with different teacher and time.

If there are any solution, please help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do mass module booking , HRIQ_STUDENTS_MASS_BOOKING function module can be used which works out fine .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do mass module booking , HRIQ_STUDENTS_MASS_BOOKING function module can be used which works out fine .

Regards

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Do We Have Standard Webdynpro Application For this Module Booking?

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes: PIQ_MBSS_OIF. Please check the BPX for configuration guidelines (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0017768-8aad-2b10-0e89-8ae2cf00f032)

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanx for the immedaite respone.

I did not find any of the webdynpro application named as PIQ_MBSS_OIF

PIQ_MAINTAIN_TRANSC

PIQ_MBAPPROVAL

PIQ_MBSS_MAIN_COMP

PIQ_MODULE_MAIN_COM

i found the above four webdynpro apps.

and one more thing what is the difference between course registration and module booking?

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the PIQ_MBSS_MAIN_COMP. This is the main webdynpro component for configuring the course registration UI.

Note that within SLcM two terms are being used: Course registration for the student (via the webdynpro) and module booking via the SAP gui (for the employee). Both mean/are the same.

This is also the case with events (SAP gui) and section (in portal).

Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob

I am using the webdynpro application PIQ_BPLAN with application parameters as dialog_id=bplan_adv and

configuration name as PIQAC_BPLAN.

when i preview that application even in the back end r portal i get a error as

Starting parameter incomplete: Student object ID not specified

How to pass the student obj id to this application , and can u let me know from where to get the student id?

as my portal id is alreaady mapped to the student record in back end, as registration works fine.

can u let me know what to do?

Bye

Sandeep

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have several options to do this. Please add the following at the end of the URL: @student_objid=#########

When you start the wdpro`(PIQ_MBISS_OIF) direct from the backend you have to make sure you relate you student business partner number to you own user (trx: SU01, go to, references, add bus1006, BP nr from student, save).

Another option for your mentioned webdynpro , you can use the parameter option: STUDENT_OBJID.

You can find the BP and object ID numbers in the student file (PIQST00), utilities, technical information (partner number and student object ID).

Good luck

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanx for ur response

as i was not found the application named PIQ_MBISS_OIF.

i was using PIQ_BPLAN application

what ever u had said , had already been configured for the studuent with his student id mapped to his BP NUMber in Bus1006.

still i was facing the same problem.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please note that the course registration wdpro is delivered within Ehp4. Which version are you currently using?

br

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes The Same EHP4 iam using

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have an issue with module booking using the web dyn pro application.

When we are trying to book the module with Events using the Web dyn pro application ,the we b dyn application is getting timed out.

There is no Problem booking modules wihout Events.

We tried to debug and found that the relationship A025 between Course object(E) and Student(ST) is causing the prolem,when we tried to delete this entry during the Debugging it is working fine, but still unable to figure what exactly is causing the issue.

We also tried to increase the timeout Duration but this has no effect.

It would be very helpful if someone can provide some Information on this.

Regards,

Karthik Gali

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik; does the booking with events via PIQST00 work for you? Did you try to setup a very simple event without any teachers and rooms and then try to book it?

Did you already raise an OSS message on this?

0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the late response,as i am new to the process i wanted to check twice before replying,

1.Yes Rob,we are able to book the modules without any issues using PIQST00,but i do not get to see the B025 and A025 relationships between student object(ST) and Course(E)  being created.

I assume that ideally it should create this relationship even while booking with PIQST00 because it has created B025 but not A025(as this record was causing the timeout)  when i tried to manipulate while debugging .Please correct my understanding.

2.We are working with only simple events without any room and teachers information.the event just contains scheduled dates,location and capacities.

3.We did not raise any OSS yet,as i am just trying to ensure there are no process issues before raising any OSS message.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Karthik Gali