Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work flow "Roll Back" at stop step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDMer's

I created a work flow which was

Start>Notify>stop

when a record is into the datamanager the concerned person shud get a mail ,which is working..thanks to all who contributed..

1. Now i made slight change in stop step where instead of checkin in Record checkour ,i have put roll back.. and imported an article ..

article is sucked in datamgr as it is in archive folder ,but i cannot see it..What does this ROLL BACK funtionality do...

Please can anyone throw light on this.

2.Also if i want the record not to get checked in ,but inform the concerned person that the record is waiting and he needs to approve ..How do i do this.?

Regards

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Your requirement is that the records must not be checked in without approval, right?

Try to follow this sequence,

start->notify->process->approve->stop

In the process step select the desired records to be approved.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As rightly mentioned by Tejas,if you do not want your changes to get reflected at the end of the workflow but want to maintain the original state of the record you select rollback in your stop process,if you select check in then the changes you made to the record gets applied to the record.

Regarding your question.

As in your workflow you have notify as your second step before stop so the concerned person gets notified by email that the record is present in Data manger and that he has to perform some operations.after this step you can add an approve step so that this person approves the record and then the record can go to the final step either for rollback or check in.

hope it helped

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The Rollback functionality states that whatever changes made to the record are undone and the record is found in its earlier state i.e the previous values means updates done to that record are not saved.

You can use the approval step after the Notify, i,e

Start>>Notify>>Approval>>Stop.

Hope this helps you

Reward points if found helpful.....

Prasad.....................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

Thanks for such a quick reply..

Prasad MDM doesnt allow us to connect approve step after notify ..

So as per ur reply the Stop step shud have Checkin as the value in Record checkout field.

The requirement was that the system shud not allow to check in the records before it is approved ..

Still struggling

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As per our scenario what we did was

Start>>Match/Merge>>Approve >>Stop

The records in this case were not allowed to check in till they were not approved by a specific user.

I guess this helps you

Prasad................................

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vikrant,

Basically the rollback functionality makes sure that what ever changes that are made to the data again goes back to earlier or original state.

Suppose u have checked out that a specific record then u have changed any values in it. And after changing you want the original values back without saving then this rollback functionality comes into picture.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas............